Views
Helpful
Replies

peer to peer calls without ccm?

matthew.gates
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We're currently using a 2811 to directly route calls coming in from a pbx over e&m to ata boxes out in the field. Each box has a static IP and a corresponding dial peer configured, eg

dial-peer voice 4311 voip

destination-pattern 4311

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.4.2

codec g723r63

no vad

for extension 4311. Which works a treat. Using dialplans on the ATA boxes that pump calls directly to the router and a couple of dial peers that send calls back to the pbx, most things work just fine now.

What doesn't work is calls between extensions, and I can't figure out why. It's probably because I'm stupid, I'll admit that :) But what am I missing?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Not sure I get the full picture, what are the 'paps' your users are using at home?

If it is a 10.x.x.x and a 192.168.x.x then they are both not public addresses, is there a nat going on somewhere?

If they can call internal extensions, they should be able to call numbers behind the e&m link.

Attach the 2811's config and I'll take a look at it.

Regards, Avner.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Have you configured the 'allow connection h323 to h323' in your 2811 ?

That might be th problem.

HTH, Avner.

Thankyou Avner!

Told you I was stupid :) That line (wellm the SIP version of it) was indeed missing, and was causing me to not see the next big problem :( I can now make calls between internal clients, but the home users who are on the other end of private links still can't - I'm thinking there are some NAT issues.

If I could find a SIP server that would let me use the 2811 as a gateway via the e&m I'd be a happy man.

Again, many thanks for your very useful post!

Actually.. while I have your attention, maybe I could save myself some insanity and get your advice on the next big problem.

Currently, we have a 2811 sitting on the private network tail here in the head office. It has an internal ip of 192.168.1.254, and presents to the pn as 10.xxx.x.xx. The home users are on tails that present to the pn as 10.xxx.x.xx but look like 192.168.4.x, and the paps (and PCs which all work just fine) also have 192.168.4.x adresses. The paps are told you use the cisco as their proxy and network gateway, I've tried using both the 192 and the 10 addresses. The cisco has a basic config with the dial peers mentioned above. Calls to extensions on the legacy pbx work fine; they are set to go through the e&m on the router. My test pap which is here inside head office works just fine for all calls. The home users, however, can only call internal extensions - no other calls work. they should be able to call outside numbers as they go through the e&m as well, but apparently they do not.

Will I need to set up a sip server to handle registration and so on? Can the 2811 be used as a voice gateway over the e&m - I've only seen confirmation that it can be done via ISDN or FXO.

sorry to be so dense; I'm not trained in this I've had to pick it up as I go along. I'm a hardware guy at heart!

Many thanks for any advice!

Hi,

Not sure I get the full picture, what are the 'paps' your users are using at home?

If it is a 10.x.x.x and a 192.168.x.x then they are both not public addresses, is there a nat going on somewhere?

If they can call internal extensions, they should be able to call numbers behind the e&m link.

Attach the 2811's config and I'll take a look at it.

Regards, Avner.

Hello!

Sorry for not being more specific. The 'paps' are linksys PAP2T boxes.

I did some digging and I was even dumber than previously thought - had a tiny codec mismatch issue I'd overlooked. While we don't have all the functionality you'd normally expect from a VoIP setup, it is now serving its purpose - our teleworkers can gab freely to each other without running up phone bills :)

Many thanks for the help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: