cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Perpetual Licence lost after power outage - ESXi 6.7, BE6000M

4qbuddy
Level 1
Level 1

Recently my CUCM installation suffered a sudden outage. All power is back, however when i try to start up the cucm i get this error:

"failed to power on virtual machine [cucm vm] license key has expired"

Ive googled much and progressed little in the last 3 weeks. 

Is this as easy as just downloading a free licence key from VMware and using that or does the BE6000, on a C220M4, require a specific Cisco build. And if it does, where would I even get it from, and how would I get a licence key for it?

Thanks all

5 Replies 5

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

seems like a VMware license issue

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

If you are appropriately entitled you can generate a VMware license via software.cisco.com

MCE > Licenses> Version Upgrade > R-UPG-VIRTENH-7X= or R-UPG-VIRTBASP-7X= Check the current versions you have.  The part numbers I listed are for upgrades from 6.x to 7.x.  Once you have the key copy paste into VMware.

*EDIT, it is also a good practice to keep a spreadsheet with various licenses keys, software versions and other important info off the server cluster.

How many severs  you have?

if you have two servers, did VM KEY  got removed from both servers ?

BE6k with UCS 220M4, I hope you might be using OEM license. If you where using OEM license, both servers will have the same license  key. In that case copy the key from second sever and use it on the first one.

Second option. If you have access to MCE portal and if this order has valid swss you can place an upgrade order and.

Another option, If you have the SO number contact Cisco licensing TAC.

Response Signature

Yes, OEM licence. I do have one locally, is it as simple as copying it off? Ill have a look!

Yes, If you are using OEM license, both server has the same Key.

Response Signature