cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator failed to connect to Unity

craigvoice
Level 1
Level 1

New install of Personal Communicator 1.2 trying to connect to Unity 5.x. In Server Health voicemail says "Failed to Connect - Server Unreachable". All other servers are Green (ok). Unity (primary) is a different server than Exchange message store. Presence server pointed to Unity server using TCP option. On Message store I enabled IMAP and no Windows firewall.

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

In CUPS server you need to use the IP address of Exchange server since Unity is not the IMAP server. Exchange is

Make sure IMAP service is running in Exchange box

Are you talking about using IP of Exchange in CUPS - Application - Unified Personal Communicator - Unity Server / Unity Profile? I tried that.

Ok,

CUPC login password MUST match Unity PCA password.

IMAP service must be enabled on Exchange

We have the passwords matching. We are using Exchange 2007 with SSL, and still no connection.

tbergquist
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUPC with our Unity UM. Unity profile in CUPS is pointing to our exchange 2003 server. Everything is working great.

We have now added an Exchange 2007 server to the Exchange Organization and have started migrating mailboxes to it. My mailbox is moved and my CUPC still shows connected and everything is fine but I can not see any voice mail messages. I tried pointing to the Exchange server 2007 but am also showing "Failed to Connect - Server Unreachable"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: