cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone - Audio on Headset and Handset at the same time IP Phone CP7821 + Plantronics S12

EdgarIvanJurado
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, 

We have CP 7821 phones with Plantronics S12 headsets we can only use headset oder handset, not both at the same time.

Could you please help us to know how we can configure the phones to have head and handsets at the same time? we want to have side by side monitoring coaching to our agents. 

Regards 

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @EdgarIvanJurado ,

According to this guide, sound can not be shared during a call:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-series/english/user-guide/PA2D_BK_I89BE38F_00_ip_phone-7800-series-user-guide/PA2D_BK_I89BE38F_00_ip_phone-7800-series-user-guide_chapter_0111.html

Swap Headsets While on a Call

You can connect an analog headset, a Bluetooth headset, and a USB headset simultaneously to your phone. However,you can use only one headset at a time.

When you connect multiple headsets to the phone, you can switch among the headsets during a call by pressing the Headset key on the phone. Though the phone is connected to multiple devices, you see a specific headset is selected as the preferred audio device in the following priority order:

• When you connect a USB headset, a Bluetooth, and an analog headset to the phone, you can make your USB headset the preferred audio device.

• When you connect a Bluetooth and an analog headset to the phone, you can make your Bluetooth device the preferred audio device. The Bluetooth headset takes priority over wired headset, so audio is sent or received from Bluetooth headset and there will be no audio on wired headset.

• When you connect only an analog headset to the phone, you make your analog headset the preferred audio device.

Regards

Thank you, is it a hardware restriction ? I used to work on a call center which have Cisco Ip Cp-7961g phones, and those models allow you to do the shadow for training, you only have to make the supervisor release the handset and activate again the headset button, the agent continue to talk and listen on the headset and the supervisor can listen to the customer at the handset.

As now I can´t use the selective actions because the customer voice stays only on the active phone and the agent can´t hear the customer when the supervisor can, is a very urgent requirement, can someone help me to get to know if it is a configuration setting the steps to activate it? 

Regards

I solved it, by using a Y analog conection on a Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905 Model, allows us to have 2 handsets at the time, both have mic and speaker capabilities, thank you! 

The solution I propose to all of you: get this model or the Cisco Ip Phone Cp-7942g, ask your agents to sign on them to have the shadowing capabilities, new models seems to does not allow you to shadow. 

I solved it, by using a Y analog conection on a Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905 Model, allows us to have 2 handsets at the time, both have mic and speaker capabilities, thank you! 

The solution I propose to all of you: get this model or the Cisco Ip Phone Cp-7942g, ask your agents to sign on them to have the shadowing capabilities, new models seems to does not allow you to shadow. 

EdgarIvanJurado
Level 1
Level 1

DEAR ALL, 

I SOLVED IT, BUT IS NEEDED TO CHANGE AND USE A ANALOG (LOGITECH) 3.5 HEADSET WITH THIS ADAPTERS: 

https://http2.mlstatic.com/5-piezas-dual-35mm-a-rj9-jack-adaptador-convertidor-auricul-D_NQ_NP_914772-MLM27854210280_072018-O.webp

THOSE ADAPTERS ALLOW YOU TO CONNECT YOUR ANALOG HEADSET AND WITH A GENERIC Y 3.5 SPLITTER YOU CAN USE ANY HEADPHONES TO SHADOW YOUR AGENTS. 

ANY INQUIRE CAN POST IT HERE FOR ME OR EMAIL TO EDGARJURADOC@GMAIL.COM

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your requirement of monitoring agents using Cisco IP Phones call can be fulfilled by the 3rd party solution Parsec's "MARS Silent Monitoring"

http://www.parsec-tech.com/parsecapplications.html

You can also write to info@parsec-tech.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: