cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone call logs

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to control the order of how calls are presented in the Missed, Received, and Placed call logs for 7942, 7962's (CUCM 8.6/9.0.1)? By this can you control what shows up on the phone when checking so that either the latest/most recent call appears first or if I wanted to see the longest call/oldest age call first, is there a parameter on the phone device that allows me to do this?

Is it all or nothing you get the last or most recent call at the top and a call that happened a long time ago appears at the bottom of the calls for a category?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

The Call History set up is a function of the phone itself and sadly there is no way to tweak the chronological order in any way.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, that's what I thought. :)

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Missed call service is an internal directory service provided by CUCM, as Rob rightly said the parameter is not configurable with respect to order it is displayed. You can host a 3rd part server which can provide XML services and point you CUCM to pull the logs from that server to customize the order.

below link explains how you can configure custom XML service

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/3_3_4/english/programming/guide/ipphs334/ip334apa.html

Disclaimer: Custom directory are not support by CISCO TAC.

HTH

JB

@Jitender Bhandari   The link has expired. Would you be able to provide me with a current link?

I need to figure out a way to have the missed calls / placed calls / received calls show up similar to the older Cisco 7962 phones on our Cisco 8861 phones.  On the newer phones, if you have multiple lines - it will not show who the call was for.

Hi John. What you need is possible with custom XML-service. You can either develop it yourself or turn to the 3rd party solution. For example, the "PhoneUP Directory" app includes its own "Missed Calls" and "Call History". As for native call history - it is also the XML-service, so you can remove it from your phone and configure the custom one to appear behind the "Directory" button.