cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone count per floor

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get a count of phones per floor per building. I can identify the location by the IP address that each phone is registered to but not sure how to export that using BAT. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest way is to perform a search of the devices in CUCM, if you have more than 250 phones that show up you can edit the URL where it states =250 to something larger, i.e. 3000. Then copy the content of the search and past into Excel as text values. After that you can perform simple sorting based on the IP address column. This works great for these types of jobs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IP address is not exported in any BAT report as it's only contained in runtime memory, BAT only works with the info contained in the DB, you would need to pull that info (there are plenty of threads on how to get the IPs from CUCM) and then match the info from BAT Vs the IPs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest way is to perform a search of the devices in CUCM, if you have more than 250 phones that show up you can edit the URL where it states =250 to something larger, i.e. 3000. Then copy the content of the search and past into Excel as text values. After that you can perform simple sorting based on the IP address column. This works great for these types of jobs.

Awesome! Thanks Chris, I was not aware that you could manipulate the url with a specific number to display. I thought you were bound to the drop down options. This is great!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: