Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Designer

midhun_km
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm using Cisco Phone Designer 7.1 for customizing the Ring tone and background image.

my phone is 7945 , when i click the default templates with preview on phone or save to phone - button on the software i'm getting a message

"personalization disabeled on your phone"

Phone Designer.JPG

in this message cisco mention:

1:use phones firmware 8.4.1 - here i have firmware..9.0.3s

2: enable personalization on phone configuration window(i have already enable personalization on phone by cucm phone config window and check physciallt on phone by phone>settings button > UI configuration > Personalization : enabled )

3 : cucm 6.0 or later- i'm using 8.0.3a

why then it happens... again...i also tried for ringtones also...same effect..

how to resolve this issue..?

Good day.......

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Midhun,

This has been reported with 9-0-3S as well

7965 with Firmware Version 9.0(2) Does not Work with Phone Designer
Symptom: Phone Designer 7.1(3) will throw ""Personalization is Disabled on the selected Device" or other error when 7965 IP Phone is running firmware version 9.0(2). Conditions:Have seen issue when the 7965 is registered to callmanager versions 7.1(3) and 8.0(2). May not be callmanager version dependent. Workaround: Download the 7965 phone firmware to SCCP45.8-5-4S

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the info....

In my CUCM some phone on the phone configuration window shows as ACTIVE LOAD ID STATUS : UNKNOWN.

why this happening...?

how can i load the active load id...?

Cheeeeeeeeers.0000

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Midhun,

If you web to the ip address of the phones that show "unknown" you will

likely find that they are running an older 8.x.x firmware These versions

never show up on the "Active Load ID" on our CUCM 7.1(3b)su2

Active Load ID

This field displays the name of the active firmware load if the Cisco Unified IP Phone has registered with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

In some cases, the Active Load ID field displays "Unknown." For example, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration might display "Unknown" in the Active Load ID field for any of the following circumstances:

•For SCCP phones, when the phone is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940 (SCCP), 7960 (SCCP), or 7985 (SCCP), because these phone models do not support the necessary version of SCCP.

•For SCCP and SIP phones, when the phone is any third-party phone.

•When Cisco Unified Communications Manager cannot determine the status of the phone.

Cheers!

Rob