Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone extension not going to voicemail box, it goes to auto attendant

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a strange issue and I am trying to understand if I am missing something.

CUCM 9, CUC 9

SCCP integration

Phone extension, after no answer it goes to the AA and not voicemail box. The voicemail box has been added but still nothing. I have asked the user to set up the voicemail on the phone but i dont think that will matter.

What else can I check?

7 Replies 7

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Use the "Alternate Extensions" setting explained below to see if it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unity/41600-2-ip-phones-1-mbox.html

(rate if it helps)

JB

Hi,

Even after the user sets up his voicemail via his phone it still didnt make a difference. Internal when someone calls his extension it goes to AA when unanswered. His mailbox is active and has the correct extension associated with the mailbox.

Do you have any rules that are directing that DN somewhere else?

Have you made sure there is no mask or anything else changing the DN that is presented to CUC?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am not sure if rules were created to direct the calls elsewhere since I didnt set up the system. 

However where can i check for this? Call routing rules on CUC?

I am seeing the two rules, direct routing rules and forwarded routing rules both sends calls to the opening greeting. Is this the default setting?

As for the mask, there is non set, its default.

Hi,

Some common Mistakes are,

Check the Partition or the template you used to create Voice mail profile.

Check the Ext, It should be associate without any prefix.

Check the MWI, Delete the existing one and create a new MWI.

Check the configuration in CUCM, Is the boxes are checked the correctly.

Regards,

BIBIN BM

Hi Guys,

It turned out to be an issue with the Call routing rules, as the forward rules were set to the opening greeting and not to attempt forward. Once this was changed it worked normally.

Thanks Jaime

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

If you have phones that are working properly, I would compare the Voicemail Profile portion of the DN config in CUCM between a working/non-working DN.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b05vmprf.html

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: