stefankeissner
Level 1
Level 1
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need to install device pack, you can install individual latest phone specific phone firmware. I have latest 11.5 firmware for 88XX phones loaded on 10.5.1 CUCM just fine.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

Just to add a note to the good info from Chris and sbosworth343 (+5 each).

Your thinking on this is correct Patrick! To support the new ELM feature for the 88xx series phones you would need to install the appropriate Device pak as shown below (not available for CUCM 10.5.1);

Features Available with the Latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack

The following sections describe features in the release which require the new firmware and the latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack.

Enhanced Line Mode

The buttons on the left and right of the phone screen can be set up as line buttons, giving up to five more line keys. Users see an alert for an incoming call.

Enhanced line mode is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(2), 10.5(2), and 11.0(1) and any higher releases that are generally available. The latest Device Package is required.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/firmware/releasenotes/p881_b_cisco-ip-phone-8800-series.html#reference_C0581B37033CCE5B7DB882BC338DC886

As you nicely noted the latest Device pak for CUCM 10.5.1 was released in Feb. 2015 and will not add support for ELM. You would need to upgrade to CUCM 10.5.2 with the latest Device pak like;

cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.14076-1.cop.sgn

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need to install device pack, you can install individual latest phone specific phone firmware. I have latest 11.5 firmware for 88XX phones loaded on 10.5.1 CUCM just fine.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the hint!

is the the new ELM feature working on your 10.5.1 CUCM as well?

Regards

Patrick

I have not configured ELM yet, but from my understanding and as pointed out by Rob (+5) you need to be on 10.5.2 not 10.5.1 with latest device pack which allows CUCM to configure the ELM on the phones.

sbosworth343
Level 1
Level 1

The latest device pack was released on Friday. It now supports ELM and I am using it on 10.5.2 without issue.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

Just to add a note to the good info from Chris and sbosworth343 (+5 each).

Your thinking on this is correct Patrick! To support the new ELM feature for the 88xx series phones you would need to install the appropriate Device pak as shown below (not available for CUCM 10.5.1);

Features Available with the Latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack

The following sections describe features in the release which require the new firmware and the latest Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Pack.

Enhanced Line Mode

The buttons on the left and right of the phone screen can be set up as line buttons, giving up to five more line keys. Users see an alert for an incoming call.

Enhanced line mode is supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1(2), 10.5(2), and 11.0(1) and any higher releases that are generally available. The latest Device Package is required.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/firmware/releasenotes/p881_b_cisco-ip-phone-8800-series.html#reference_C0581B37033CCE5B7DB882BC338DC886

As you nicely noted the latest Device pak for CUCM 10.5.1 was released in Feb. 2015 and will not add support for ELM. You would need to upgrade to CUCM 10.5.2 with the latest Device pak like;

cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.14076-1.cop.sgn

Cheers!

Rob

stefankeissner
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Rob for the great feedback!

I will consider uprading to 10.5.2, but not sure if its worth it for only having my and some other IT phones capabable with the ELM feature.

Regards

Patrick