Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone latency

I'm having an issue where calls to our VoIP phones are not ringing simultaneously like they used to.  We have 4 phones in the office and all 4 phones have all 4 lines.  Before if a call were to come in it would ring all of our phones at the same time.  Didn't matter if it was an incoming PSTN call or internal to the CUCM.  Now if I get a call, it takes a bit for it to ring to my phone, sometimes it won't even ring on the other phones or if it does it is about 15 seconds after my phone rings.  After I answer the call, the other phones continue to ring for another 10-20 seconds after I answer the call.  Once I disconnect, my line still shows active on the other phones for another 15 seconds or so.  This only started about 3 weeks ago, everything was fine before that. This is happening to multiple agencies on the base.  Any help would be appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you think this is related to network issues, make sure everything is pointing to the same NTP and gather sniffer traces from the devices and CUCM traces and a sniffer from CUCM to find out if the signaling goes to all the devices at the same time, and how long it takes to arrive to each one.

If you do see a big delay between the phones and CUCM, you'll have to start looking into your network for where that might be and/or implement QoS

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Thank you for the reply.  I'm a TDM guy just getting familiar with CUCM and IP in general so you'll have to forgive my lack of understanding for some terminology. What you are saying makes sense but I also work on a military installation where I don't have any control over the network itself.  How would I go about getting the traces from my side and verify the NTP and what can I ask of the Network shop here to look at their side? Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: