Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone & Line Templates?

louis0001
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have 12x 7962 Phones which need to be configured exactly the same. They have exactly the same buttons and features and we use 6x shared lines which are different numbers but the same on each phone ie the phones/lines are exactly identical on each phone.

So, I created a new template and tweaked all the settings. In the template, it allowed me to cofigure the 6x shared lines.

I then applied this to the phones and the phones took all of the phone settings but never took the line settings. I'm thinking I have to supply some sort of line template for this but can't figure out how to do this. It looks like there needs to be some sort of csv file with a mac address against each device etc which you link to the phone template and then add the lines. Is this correct?

regards,

Louis

2 Replies 2

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

That's not what a phone button template is for.  It sets the button behavior (i.e.line, speed dial, etc. ), not the specifics.  

Since each will be exactly the same, simply set up one of them like you need it.  Record the MAC address of the other phones.  Then use the super copy option on the main search for line page (far right icon on the line with the first phone) and just insert the mac address.  A few button clicks and you're done.  

Strange thing is, on the phone template, it took the config of the phones etc but it didn't take the config of the lines I set in it eg text label for the line1, line2 etc

I'll give the super copy a go.... Thank you.