Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone number masking on Single number reach

uday kiran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a wierd request from the customer to mask the number . Here is the request

“Currently when someone dials our afterhours service extension of 4555 we get the phone number show up instead of the extension.  We would like to change this to only show extension 4555 in the caller id of when the number is dialed.  I am getting a lot of sales calls, and calls from other states and I am answering all of them because I don't know which ones are for afterhours calls and which ones are not.  Security can request their phone number if we need to call them back.

I am not sure if this can be done. Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

If the request is to send 4555 as ANI to a PSTN destination (using SNR); you need to consider carrier requirements. With SIP, it isn't so much of a concern (you can usually pass whatever ANI you want).

However, with a PRI, most TDM carriers with will mask non-native ANI with the billing number of the PRI (usually due to e-911). Although, you may get a TDM carrier to override this behavior by signing a liability waiver with the carrier.

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Uday,

bit more info please, that 4555 is that like a huntgroup or something?  or a time of day routed number on cucm?

so if some one dials the 4555 number you want it configured so that whoever picks up the call directed to 4555 knows that that call was sent to 4555 and not to that persons personal extension?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

If the request is to send 4555 as ANI to a PSTN destination (using SNR); you need to consider carrier requirements. With SIP, it isn't so much of a concern (you can usually pass whatever ANI you want).

However, with a PRI, most TDM carriers with will mask non-native ANI with the billing number of the PRI (usually due to e-911). Although, you may get a TDM carrier to override this behavior by signing a liability waiver with the carrier.

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

Thanks Ryan. We do have PRIs today and moving to SIP soon. I will test this in the lab with our test SIP circuit.

Thanks again for your help