cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone number utilization report

I have 

Cisco Unified CM Administration
System version: 11.5.1.14900-11

I have a request from a manager for a phone utilization report. There is a CTI route point number setup for a group of users to pick up the calls for the department. He wants to know who is picking up the most calls. So is there are report I can run to find that out?
10 Replies 10

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can generate CUCM CDR report but you need to dig in more detail about who answered the call. 

You mentioned that you have CTI route point number setup for a group of users to pick up the calls. Just to confirm again, do you have hunt pilot/hunt group configured for these users.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

@Vaijanath Sonvane 

I did not set it up originally, but I have checked and there is no hunt pilot or hunt group set up I can not find so far how it knows where to forward the calls.

Are there instruction on how to run a CDR report I have never done it before

jprovine,

Sign into Cisco Unified Serviceability >>> Tools >>> CDR Analysis and Reporting.

You can get to Serviceability from the CCMAdmin page by using the drop down in the upper right corner of the page, selecting Cisco Unified Serviceability and then selecting go.

In CCMAdmin… where you make adds, moves, and changes for the phones, you need to check under System >>> Service Parameters >>> select the server >>> select Cisco Call Manager service and make sure the CDR enable flag is set to true. If it isn't, you will not be able to pull anything from the CDR Analysis and Reporting tool.

@jason-mcgee 

I went into the CDR reporting and it does pull information but not for the CTI route point number is shows nothing. I checked and you have to pick option 1, option 2 or option 3 to go to a certain number. So somehow  I need to see where the majority of the calls are going too. Will the CDR report be able to show me this.

jprovine,

The CTI route point you are referring to sounds like it is pointing to Unity Connection and going through a call handler for the selection and then returning back to Call Manager after a selection is made. The call handler itself in Unity will tell you where those three options go, usually a hunt pilot, or a direct extension. The real issue is that the CDR Analysis and Reporting tool is extremely weak and most people use third party call accounting software to get the information they need from the CDR's. The third party vendors collect all of the CDR's, extract all of the information and then collate it for you. You could do this manually, but that would take a significant amount of time for one person to pull the CDR's, extract the information, and put it in a spreadsheet. Most companies decide to use third party vendors because of this. There is one place you could check in Cisco Unity and if you are lucky it may provide all of the information you need:

Find out which Call Handler in Unity the CTI Route Point is directed to.

Sign in to Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability >>> Tools >>> Reports >>> Call Handler Traffic Report

Select the Call Handler that the CTI Route Point is directed to and run the report and hopefully it will provide you with the information you need.

@jason-mcgee 

Great information but I don't have this option 

Connection Serviceability >>> Tools >>> Reports >>> Call Handler Traffic Report

The customer is asking for a whole lot more, there is no hunt group, it just offers option and based on that option it sends it to one of three phone numbers. The customer wants number of time calls have been missed, dropped, which option is picked the most, call volume, calls missed and whether they were answered in a timely manner. when the calls were received and to who. They want an enormous amount of information on a daily basis which I don't think the reports offer that kind of detail

jprovine,

What version of CUCM and CUC are they using?

@jason-mcgee 

I went under the wrong serviceability the first time and now I found it. Is it possible to do all those things I mentioned the customer wants and it sounds very time consuming, since this is not the only thing I do. I believe he wants me see if someone is not doing their job

No hunt group looks like it just has a forwarding number

jprovine,

I definitely think even just using the call handler report would be far too much work if it was expected daily, but with that report you can tell exactly which extensions the calls are getting transferred to and by hour. That is one of the major reasons the third party call accounting software is necessary if you are getting this granular. They take all the raw data for you and you can typically automate reports and send them every day. I don't know if that is an option for them, but I think that is what you are left with. 

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

As others have mentioned, you can use the built in CAR tool.  You can report on hunt pilots, etc.

Another option would be to use a call reporting package, such as VoIP Detective (there is a free version). It presents reports in an easy to read fashion.

I'd also give a mention to the Solar Winds free CDR tool.  While it doesn't do exactly what you requested, it does a great job of looking for quality / MOS issues.

-Mason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: