cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registered in SRST

sbackus
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7965 phone that has registered to a Cisco 3945 in SRST mode.  It's the only phone out of 120 that has done so.  I'd like to reset the phone in the gateway.

Does anyone know the command/procedure for resetting the phone from the gateway?  Note this is not a CME

12 Replies 12

Robert3487
Level 1
Level 1

I'm probably not the best one to be giving advice since i'm pretty new myself but a couple things I would try (unless you are remote and absolutely must do this from the gateway). I would check to see that the phone picked up an IP address that is in the correct vlan, without access to the voice vlan/cucm it would most likely register directly to the gateway. If not, adjust the port config. You can also delete the ITL security files from the phone or manually reset it.

From the Settings menu, select Security Configuration, which should be the 4th option.

From the Security Configuration menu, select Trust List, which should be the 5th option. 

From the Trust List menu, unlock the phone by pressing Star-Star-Pound (**#) on the keypad.  Once complete, you should notice the unlocked icon in the upper right of the phone as shown here.

If the phone is already unlocked and showing this icon, you can skip the unlock process, as performing this will re-lock the phone if it is already unlocked. 

From the Trust List menu, select ITL File, which should be the 2nd option.

On the ITL File screen, select the Unlock Softkey, which should be the 2nd Softkey option.

Select the more Softkey, which should be the 4th Softkey option.

Select the Erase Softkey once it appears, which should be the 2nd Softkey option.

The phone should then indicate that it's delete/erasing its ITL File and will likely reset/reboot. 

You can also manually reset it from the keypad:

1. Unplug the power cable from the ip phone and then plug it back in.
  2. While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press and hold the hash # key.
  3. Continue to hold # until each line button (right of the LCD screen) flashes on and off in sequence in orange color.
  4. Now release the hash # key and type the following sequence 123456789*0#

After the sequence has been entered the line buttons on the phone flash orange, then green and the phone goes through the factory reset process. This process can take several minutes and the firmware of the IP Phone will be erased.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm looking to do this to phones at multiple sites where I really can't rely on a set of smart-hands to touch the phone.  So I'd much prefer to do this from the gateway rather than the device

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should:

(config)#call-manager-fallback
(config-cm-fallback)# reset/restart
Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hi,
It is the phone that decides when to un-register from SRST router and register back with CUCM. As soon as the connectivity comes UP with CUCM phone will register back to CUCM. In the 7965 phone settings-> can you check if the primary CUCM IP is correct and is working? Do you see the same CUCM setting (primary, secondary and SRST IPs) on other phones who have registered back to CUCM?

Primary, secondary, & tertiary IPs are present and correct

I will suggest you to check if there is any issue with network that can stop TCP message from phone to primary CUCM server or vice versa. You can do following:

1. Try to ping this IP phone from CUCM server and check if it is reachable. if not then there is issue with network.

2. Connect a PC on the PC port of phone (if span to PC port is enabled)  and run wireshark to collect capture. Disconnect phone power enable capture and then connect back the power. Once the phone is UP and registered to SRST router then stop the capture.

Check in the capture file if the IP phone is sending any packet to primary or secondary CUCM with wireshark filter "ip.address==<CUCM 1 IP> || ip.address==<CUCM 1 IP>

It's not a CME.  

Attempting to enter the call-manager-fallback command results in the following message:"Need to remove telephony-service config"

That means that you also have CME-SRST enabled; or maybe there is "forgotten" configuration. What do you have configured under "telephony-service"? You can either have basic SRST or CME-SRST enabled. Not both.

Georgios

telephony-service

max-dn 900

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
In addition to the useful suggestions given here, another easiest way to reset only that particular phone is to login to the switch and perform a shut/no shut on the switch port where the phone is connected to.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

Agreed.  Unfortunately I do not have access to the switch in order to reset the port.  That's why I was hoping to do this thru the gateway

syedmd866
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sbackus,

Please use the command

1). router#sh run | s voice reg 

copy the output in notepad.

and check how many voice reg pools created. If one pool created the configuration similar to below one.

Router#sh run | s voice reg
voice register global
default mode
no allow-hash-in-dn
max-dn 30
max-pool 1
voice register pool 1
id network xx.xx.xx.xx mask 255.255.0.0

2). Use no voice register pool 1 in config mode, phone will remove from SRST. Finally configure again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: