cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Registering

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I have the latest CME on a 2911 router with 7975 phones running SCCP.  I'm trying out the new 8861 SIP phone but it keeps going offline and registering.   As well, I can place a call but it disconnects the call after about a minute.  I don't have this problem at all with the Skinny phones so there must be a config that is not setup right.

What's the config I should have for an 8861 phone and any other global settings?  Or in general, what's the config I should have for a sip phone.  If anyone has SIP phone working on CME and can share their parts of the config that should work I would appreciate that.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please verify the config as per following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/99946-cme-sip-guide.html#configs

Manish

Okay will look at that but...

What is the password so I can get into the Admin on the 8861 phone?  I want to be able to set the voice VLAN and the Data VLAN like the Skinny 7975's.  Right now it's picking up the data vlan so maybe that's the problem.

Second, how do I configure multiple extensions on this phone?   With Skinny it was easy to me.  I could do something like:  button  1:49 3o40,36 6:33 7:2

Right now I have one extension on the 8861 but I want to be able to see/select several extensions. 

I don't see this in the literature.  Can you write out how to do this? Thx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: