cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registers but I get no dialtone on Line 1 or 2 of Cisco 7821.

Cniles
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am very new to Cisco CUCME, and I have a phone that will register, but the Line 1 and Line 2 buttons or picking up the handset will not generate a dial tone. We got a new phone, and after it ran the firmware upgrade and registered, it worked for like a day, and now it is doing what the old phone did. This happened after Cisco TAC pointed the CUCME IP to the wrong IP address. Our Cisco partner helped fix the issues with everything else(can't keep paying for the hour's labor); we thought this was a bad phone. I believe there is something else going on. Any help would be much appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Cniles
Level 1
Level 1

I should state that if I select the line button and then push the speakerphone button or pick up the handset, I get a dial tone but then have to push the line button to hang up.

Deepak Kumar R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Cniles Pls check the CME configuration. Please see this sample config to understand the phone and dn mapping.

ephone-dn 5

number 123

name test

ephone 1

mac address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (phone mac address)

button 1:5  (this means button # 1 on the above mac address is configured for ephone DN 5 and ephone DN 5 has the extension 123)

You are using sip hence voice register pool instead of ephone. In voice register pool 4 number 1 and 2 are mapped to DN 4 and DN 1802 respectively. Please check if you Voice register DN 4 and Voice register DN 1802 configured with extension numbers.

Cniles
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure how to check that. When I say I'm new I'm very new... learning this whole system.

No problem @Cniles . On you router in privilege mode copy paste the below and hit enter.

# sh run | sec voice register DN 

When I do that it get nothing.

Mountain_Iron_12838#sh run | sec voice register DN
Mountain_Iron_12838#

that is what the output showed.