Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registration

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I have my two cucm 1 pub and 1 sub, each on different sites, because of bandwidth limitation, i want my phone that is in the same site as the pub register to the pub , and all the phones that are in the same site as the sub register to the sub.

I know this is not the best practices but I need to fix this network limitation.

thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you will need to create 2 different CUCM Groups, on the first one you will have on the "Selected CUCM List"  the Pub on the top and on the second you will have the Sub on the Top. This way the phones on the first Group will look first to register on the pub and then on the Sub and opposite.

Then, you will need to create 2 Device Pools where on each one -amongst others- you will need to denote the above CUCM Groups (device pool-1 CUCMGroupPub, device pool-2 CUCMGroupSub). 

Finally, you will need to assign each phone on the Device Pool, based on the Group of CUCM that belongs to.

I hope the above helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

You can achieve this easily by using device pools and call manager groups.

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you will need to create 2 different CUCM Groups, on the first one you will have on the "Selected CUCM List"  the Pub on the top and on the second you will have the Sub on the Top. This way the phones on the first Group will look first to register on the pub and then on the Sub and opposite.

Then, you will need to create 2 Device Pools where on each one -amongst others- you will need to denote the above CUCM Groups (device pool-1 CUCMGroupPub, device pool-2 CUCMGroupSub). 

Finally, you will need to assign each phone on the Device Pool, based on the Group of CUCM that belongs to.

I hope the above helps,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Hello,

Thanks for the info one more question is this a good practice ?

thanks. 

Ideally, you will not face any problems as long as you are able to enable QoS between the 2 sites, in order to make sure that Voice packets will get prioritised compared to the rest traffic.

G

If possible another option for good practice would be installing another SUB at the location where the PUB is and registering phones to that SUB instead of the PUB.

Yes, this is the best practice scenario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: