Views
Helpful
Replies

phone url parameters CUCM

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have upgraded from 6.1 to 9.1 successfully by restoring 6.1 complete data, In Enterprise parameter in PHONE URL PARAMETERS sections  i see that instead of publisher IP there is subscrber IP, and the subcriber i have already deleted from the publisher because i want to go for the fresh install of the subscriber with new IP and Hostname.

Please answer below questions:

• In phone url parameters if i changed the subscriber IP to Publisher IP will it effect the system stabilty and database stabilty.???

• And in 6.1 why it was a subscriber IP in phone url parameters is it a admin choice to keep a Publisher IP or a Subcriber IP ???? because bydefault it is Publisher IP.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. No, this is simply pointer where device such as phones point for various URLs

2. It is always Pub by default, someone must have changed it at some point.  I've always left it on Pub and would recommend you do the same, unless you have a reason not to.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the reply, (+5)

Also I found the Extension Mobility service which is pointing to the old hostname of CUCM,

As such like Extension Mobilty service  where more places i have to look in cucm 9.1 for the changing the old hostname to the new ip address 

Before i go live with 9.1 i want to confirm all the configs otherwise i will be in big trouble.

Thanks

Dears,

Anybody can answer my above questions.