cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone user license and Voice bundles

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

When we're ordering a CUCME Voice bundle eg." C2911-CME-SRST/K9 - 2911 UC Bundle w/PVDM3-16,FL-CME-SRST-25, UC License PAK" and Cisco IP phones e.g.7911G do we have to order "SW-CCME-UL-7911(=) - Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G CCME user license" or is it included in the bundle; i.e. we just need to order CP-7911G=?

5 Replies 5

Hi

You have to order one license per ip-phone.

For each phone : SW-CCME-UL-xxxx + CP-xxxx

Regards

Philippe

Please look the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps5520/ucme_8_6_ue_8_5_ucc_og.pdf

section 3.6 the 2nd sentence.

"The ISR Unified Communications Bundles and Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business include IP phone user licenses, therefore customers should purchase their Cisco Unified IP phones as spares to avoid paying for the user license twice."

ISR Unified Communication Bundles (Cxxxx--yyUC/K9) are not the same as CME/SRST Voice Bundles.

They were available for the ISR G1 routers, not available for ISR G2

Regarding CME/SRST Voice Bundles, the same document, section 3.6 third paragraph states:

The CME/SRST Voice Bundles include 25 CME/SRST seats across all the platform bundles. Customers wishing to add additional users will need to order additional feature licenses to add up to the desired user count. The additional feature licenses are referenced in Table 8. Finally, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express customers will need to purchase IP phone licenses for each phone that they connect to the CME system.

Thank you for your response. I know that you one of the best who wants to help. Below is what we have found.

Unfortunately, the documents make us confused. We've got two documents for ordering CUCME: "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.5 with Cisco Unity Express 8.5 and Cisco Unified CallConnector - Ordering Guide November 2010" and "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.6 with Cisco Unity Express 8.5 and Cisco Unified CallConnector - June 2011". In the both documents stay the same. Also on page 10 paragraph above Table 5. last sentence says "... please see Table 25.". The table 25 there is nothing with licenses CUCEM and IP phones. I suppose it is error but it was two times. Does anybody read this documents?

At the end because we are not sure about above we contacted direct Cisco PH and ask the same question ("...if we buy C2911-CME-SRST/K9, and want to deploy 25 CP-79xx phones, apart from C2911-CME-SRST/K9 we just need to buy CP-79xx= (as a spare ones).Thus no other licenses are required. Please confirm.). We have got the next answer: "..

you're understanding is correct. Since you will be purchasing a router bundled with 25 CME licenses, you just need to order the phones as spare". We've got this in form e-mail so we have officially confirmation.

I hope this will help anyone who has the same dilemma.

Thank you again Mr.Bevilacqua and Mr. Cuvillier.

Yes, I saw that some tables are worng in the document. But that doesn't change the issue at hand.

So, I think it's clear that the inclusion of phone licenses were include in the above mention UC bundles only, now discontinued.

Then of course, Cisco Sales Support is free to communicate whatever they want to customers, maybe in the intent of increasing business.