cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Won't Forward

dianearsenault
Level 1
Level 1

Using CUCM Administration, I have 1 phone that won't forward.  I have checked the calling space.  I have checked end user management for permissions.  I have tested different forwarding numbers.  I can forward to voicemail but not an external phone number.  I am confused and spending way to much time on this!  Any thoughts?

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Diane,

Did you check the specific Call Forward All - Calling Search Space?

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, I checked the phone against a known good configuration and am getting now where.  Thanks for responding.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using Local Route Groups in your environment, if so ensure proper Device Pool is assigned to the phone with correct LRG.

What happens to the call when forwarding is enabled? What do you hear? Is this for all forwarding options or forward All? Do you have other phones with identical configuration that do work? 

When I forward the phone number I hear nothing.  It doesn't ring.  If I check the box to forward to voice mail I can successfully forward to voice mail.  

Don't know if you are still out there Chris.  I checked the phone settings against a known good and nothing seems to be amiss.  I am just throwing it out there that the forwarding goes to dead air space if it is pointed to a number.  If the forwarding is set to voice mail it goes successfully to voice mail.  I am going a little crazy trying to figure this one out.

Saurabh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you check whether CSS is right for the forwarding number. Can you update where the call is getting rejected? Is it PSTN that is rejecting the call based on the information you are sending to PSTN for forwarded call . or is it internal CUCM call routing issue. 

Can you update where the call is getting rejected? 

Is it PSTN that is rejecting the call based on the information you are sending to PSTN for forwarded call . or is it internal CUCM call routing issue. 

Can you provide the call flow (components and protocols) for the forwarded call to external number

I don't really understand all of your questions but thank for replying.