cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phones connected to 3560-G48PS suddenly switch to data vlan?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

im using cucm 10.5.2su3

i came to day to find lotsa port-security warning , i found that it affected only phone models "7960 , 7965" they were getting the data vlan ip instead of the voice vlan which caused issues because i set maximum 1 voice and 1 data for each port with port security and the port is needing 2 data ports , the switch is showing this error in the logging im not sure if the problem is related to this.

-Traceback= 8A3600 BE91B4 BECE60 26C188 270A1C 270B70 758DA8 752FEC: %SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 1696 bytes failed from 0x26C184, alignment 8

Pool: I/O Free: 4880 Cause: Memory fragmentation
Alternate Pool: None Free: 0 Cause: No Alternate pool
ignment 8

i tried restarting the port but the phone keep picking the data vlan ip?! please help

3 Replies 3

ahmedshoaib
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Normally IP Phone are getting data vlan IP address in case some body disable the Cdp on access port. Can you double check cdp is enabled on all the access ports.

Thanks

i checked the affected phone ports and they all show this under show cdp interface XXX

Encapsulation ARPA
Sending CDP packets every 60 seconds
Holdtime is 180 seconds

Can you go to your phone settings and make sure that they are getting voice vlan (namely operational vlan)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: