cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones getting Unregistered when a NEW Server is added to a CUCM Cluster.

Hi,

I am currently on a CUCM 8.6 cluster. I had to add four more new servers to the existing cluster from a different location over the WAN. When I added the new servers to the cluster I saw that the phones which are already registered to the cluster got unregistered and then started to register on RTMT.

The same was noticed four times when I added the four new servers.

Since these are new servers and all the CUCM services are de-activated I am not sure why the existing phones that are registered to the other active servers in the cluster are getting unregistered.

Please note that the phones started to unregister when the service on the new CUCM server came up.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

akshay_sachdeva
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Joseph,

I don't know whether this will solve it or not, but just enavble the CCM/SDI trace on the existing server plus the new server, and then turn on the services onto the new server.as soon as phones go unregister record the timestamp and then collect the traces within that timestamp. Within the SDI traces it shows all the SCCP messages exchanged between the CUCM and the IP Phones. StationsInit are the preceding of messages send by IP Phones to Call Manager and StationD are the preceding of messages send by call manager to the IP Phones. Look for these preceding into those timestamps which will provide you the signalling between them. Then we can analyse the problem.

Do forward me the trace as well, so that I can also study it. I hope it works, as I have tried it on CUCM 7. Don't know about 8.6...

Regards,

Akshay Sachdeva

(CCIE Voice#34050)

(+919911852107)