Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Stuck in "Configuring IP" after Switch reboot

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all, hope everyone is well !!!

I am using 3750 switches at the wiring closet and I sometimes lost power to the wiring closet and the switch got rebooted. But somehow not all the phones come up after the switch reboot and back online. Some phones got stuck in "Configuring IP" and even if I manually power cycle the phone it still won't come up. It seems like it couldn't see the voice vlan after the reboot and the only way for me to bring it back online is to put the switchport in the voice vlan, see my switchport config below.

interface FastEthernet1/0/2

switchport mode access

switchport voice vlan 40

spanning-tree portfast

spanning-tree guard root

switchport access vlan 40 - I had to add this command for the phone to come up and once it's up then I can remove the command.

has anyone ran into this issue ?

Thanks in advance for any inputs / suggestions !!! I am running CUCM 7.1.3 with phone load release P00308010200

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check IOS version on switches as you may need an update.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check IOS version on switches as you may need an update.

Hi Paolo !! Thanks for your response !!

I am running IOS version 122-46.SE on the 3750 switch.

D.

I would recommend  12.2.55-SE5

And a good review of VTP status just in case.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Thanks Paolo !! VTP looks fine and I am running the same IOS release at all locations but somehow I sometimes run into this issue only at this one location. The issue seems to be isolated to this one location. 

D.

There are cases where a bug nastly appears in a single place but not in others

I recommend you update the switch, pull and replace the plug for a test, then  let us know how it goes.

ok, I will give that a shot.

Thanks Paolo !!!

D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: