Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones with Device Mobility

yixiu0317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Can anyone tell me how to find phones configured with Device Mobility?

For example, I have a site configured with 50 phones using device mobility, after a while, I need to find which 50 phones are used at that site.

From device pool dependency report, it can only show me there are 50 phones but cannot show me the MAC addresses of these 50 phones.

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no easy way. if you mean to ask:  what phone service a phone is subscribed to.

Then probably the easiest way, is to use the Bulk Administration tool in cucm and export the phone details, this will include what service a phone is subscribed to.

Please rate if helpful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not after the service that subscribe to the phone.

The Device Mobility is like I define an ip address range in the CUCM, when the phone gets its ip from DHCP server, it check against the device mobility ip address range and the CUCM automatically add the phone in the device pool that associated with that ip address range.

For example, I have 2 sites, site A has ip address range 10.10.10.0/24 associate with device pool A, site B has 10.10.20.0/24 associate with Device Pool B, when phone C connect to site A, it gets ip 10.10.10.1, and the CUCM add it to device pool A, when I take phone C to site B, the CUCM will add it to device pool B. I need to know where is phone C now without knowing its MAC address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: