cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Won't Register with CUCM 10

Grant Curell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get two Cisco IPC phones to register with a CUCM that I've set up in a lab environment in preparation for CCNA Voice. Attached is a screenshot of the wireshark output when one of the phones attempts to register with the server. There are two things I find very odd, but haven't been able to figure out. 1) The phone can't find SEP08002782FA2F.cnf.xml. I've configured the phone and I have no idea why the server is responding with a 404. I've attached a screenshot of my phone config page. 2) The TFTP port (69) is not open even though the TFTP service is running.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only status messages on the phone are:

File not found: SEP08002782FA2F.cnf.xml

CTL update failed

XMLDefault.cnf.xml

The CUCM's server name is cucm and I've confirmed the name resolves appropriately to 192.168.1.15.

Thanks for your time. Any help appreciated.

Grant

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Quick point to check with... include SEP in device name viz SEP08002782FA2F (instead of 08002782FA2F).

Thanks

Vivek

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Quick point to check with... include SEP in device name viz SEP08002782FA2F (instead of 08002782FA2F).

Thanks

Vivek

That was it! Well that's rather obnoxious. CME added the SEP automatically; I didn't even think to add it in the name on CUCM. Thanks so much for your answer.

What made that even more confusing now that I look, is that on CBT Nuggets he doesn't add SEP to the front... because his says MAC Address instead of device name O.o

Glad to know its worked for you.

Thanks

Vivek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: