cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pickup groups stop working.

joelneils
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager 4.2.3 - using 7941's /7961's.

Departmental Pickup groups have been setup and utilized effectively for weeks/months.

No changes then all pickup groups fail. User hits the softkey for 'Pickup' and it does nothing. Phone reset's have no effect.

4 Replies 4

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

Can you confirm all the configuration at the phone, make sure that CSS has pickup_group partition, and make sure "pickup group" you select at line.

The reason is that one of department pickup fucntion suddenly doest work.

I found out that someone's extension share with someone else phone. I always check "upgdate directory number of all devices sharing this line" to add or change something under line setting.

It cause "blank" at Call Pickup Group under line setting.

It is my experience... hopefully help.

Ken

All the pickup groups for all the departments are in the same partition as the phones. "AllPhones".

In the department I am testing with:

The phones each have a single unshared directory number, and each directory number has the pickup group set correctly. All the phones in the group have been reset.

I have other deparments that have this issue as well with different call pickup groups. These have been untouched, and are not currently working.

This is a global issue affecting approximately 18 different pickup groups.

Does anyone know which service is tied to the 'Pickup Groups' - or will I need to restart the Callmanager service?

Restart the Callmanager Service.

A full system restart and things are back to normal. This has happened before, so we enabled the traces so that we can see if there is something more to it..