Replies

Place a call on hold if not answered after 4 rings

michael_buckley
Level 1
Level 1

Heres my setup:

1. CallManager -  System version: 7.1.3.31900-1

2. IPCC - Cisco Application Administration - 7.0(1)SR01_Build210

3. We have 1 operator that answeres our main line. (using the attendant console)

4. We have 9, 800 numbers pointing to the main lines CTI Route point/trigger.

5. We also have a call center whos calls are handled through IPCC application and scripting.

6. Our main line has a script associated with it but right now it's only used to check for holidays, time-of-day, and then route according to those conditions.

7.  I'm trying to keep the scripting and call routing as simple as possible (for me the admin), so I don't want to create another CSQ, skill, or add anything else to the IPCC applications or script to accomplish what I'm trying, although I may have to.

NOTE: The call volume on our main line is sporadic at best. If I had to give a estimate/average per hour I would say 15 - 20 calls, most of which come in about a 20 minute time span.

What I want to accomplish:

When the operator of our main line is on the phone and unable to answer another incomming call, I want the incomming call to be place on hold automatically, a MOH audio source to play, and the call to be picked up when the operator is done with the call ahead of it. I also want a call to go straight to on hold if all of the main lines are busy, then the operator be able to retrieve it when the calls ahead of it are answered. Right now calls that come in go to our general delivery mail box if all the lines are busy.

1. Is it possible to place a call on hold without user interaction after 4 rings?

2. Is it possible for a call to go straight to on hold if all the lines are busy and then be able to retrieve the call once you're ready to answer it?

3. Will the MOH audio source play if I assign the MOH just for that DN?

I've attached some screenshots of the CUCM MainLine CTI configuration and the CCX script if needed.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2 Replies 2

keithknowles
Level 1
Level 1

Honestly the best way to do this would be to employ the capabilities in your IPCC server. It can do what you are looking for with minimal scripting changes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Keith,

Thanks for the response. How would I go about doing that in a script? Our operator doesn't have a CSQ assigned to her. She is setup in CM as Attendant Console user. Right now if she's on the phone the next call will just ring and ring until she answers it. I want it to ring 4 times then go to on hold. I'm very new to CM and IPCC so I'm reading and learning. But this is one of those things that they want done NOW. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.