cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plar and ata186

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I need to set up Plar for an ata186 to use.  The actual configuration for Plar is all good and I've tested against an SIP phone it rings on lifting the handset to the correct destination.  But  if I assign  the same  css against the ata186,  I just get dial tone,  I can ring out on it by assigning a different css but if I reassign the Plar css I just get dial tone.  

Config

Pt_plar

Css_plar

Pt_plar

TP ' '  -  blank

Partition PT_plar

Mask - destination DN ' ' 

Css_internal

Css_plar assigned the ata186

It fails,  just dial tone  if I apply the above css to a phone it works as designed but assign the same Css_plar,  the Ata provides dial tone when lifting the handset 

If I change blank TP DN to another number such as a single digit say  1 again it works but change it back to blank,  dial tone only - should it work? 

Wayne 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

And what protocol are you using for that ATA?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not sure as I'm away from ccm. Is there a difference between sccp or SIP and how it works? 

I can always change protocol 

I wasn't able to set up an ATA186 as SIP (on 9.1.2) so SCCP was my only option. I don't know if an ATA supports SIP in later CUCM versions.

This is how I do SCCP PLARs:

1. Create a partition specifically for the PLAR.

2. Create a CSS with the partition in step 1 as the only member.

3. Configure a translation pattern where the pattern is empty, the partition is the one you created in step 1. I use a simple CSS that contains some of my internal partitions. In the called party transformations, enter the destination DN in either the called party transform mask or prefix digits (outgoing calls). Either one seems to work for me. I only use internal DNs; I haven't tried with external numbers.

4. Add your ATA186 if it isn't already in your database. I use a standard device pool and calling search space on the base device.

5. Add a DN to the ATA and select the partition you created in step 1. The line CSS is the one you created in step 2.

When I had this problem, I usually either missed assigning the DN to the PLAR partition or the line CSS was wrong. When I corrected the partition and line CSS, it started working.

SIP PLARs require some extra steps which has to be done in SIP dial rules. I found some good documentation doing a Google search for SIP PLAR.

I hope that helps.

Bill