Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR Does Not Working on cp3905

juankcs85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problen with the configuration of plar, this feature works on phones with sccp protocol but in CP 3905 does not work. I was following all this steps but the step of the sip dial rule is not clear....... cucm version 10.5.1.10000-7 phone loads on 3905 CP 3905.9-4-1SR1-3

Thanks....

Step 1 Create a partition, for example, P1, and a calling search space, for example CSS1, so CSS1 contains P1. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Class of Control > Partition or Calling Search Space.)

Step 2 Create a null (blank) translation pattern, for example, TP1, which contains calling search space CSS1 and partition P1. In this null (blank) pattern, make sure that you enter the directory number for the B1 PLAR destination in the Called Party Transformation Mask field. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Translation Pattern.)

Step 3 Assign the calling search space, CS1, to either A or A'. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone.)

Step 4 Assign the P1 partition to the directory number for B1, which is the PLAR destination. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Directory Number.)

Step 5 For phones that are running SIP, create a SIP dial rule. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Dial Rules > SIP Dial Rules. Choose 7940_7960_OTHER. Enter a name for the pattern; for example, PLAR1. Click Save; then, click Add Plar. Click Save.)

Step 6 For phones that are running SIP, assign the SIP dial rule configuration that you created for PLAR to the phones, which, in this example, are A and A'. ((In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone. Choose the SIP dial rule configuration from the SIP Dial Rules drop-down list box.)

20 Replies 20

The 3905s need a sip dial rule in there for some reason - i had the same issue.

1. create pt

2. create css with only the one pt in there

3. create "blank" translation pattern and changed called party to where you want the phone to ring

4. apply css and dial rule to sip phone.

Hi
This is exactly my configuration but when pick up the phone, this phone give me dial tone.

The phone needs the CSS that only has access to the plar partition.

The blank translation pattern on that partition should have a CSS that has access to your destination.

The phone does need a DN too so it has a number to call from.

Hi, please see my configuration, and if i created a translation pattern with "#" in pattern and dial in my phone #, this phone takes approx 14 seconds to make the translation and place the call, but i create the same translation in blank the call never starts, thanks for your help.

the bottom of the phone part was cut off - did you apply the sip dial rule to the 3905?

also does the translationpattern css have access to dial that number in the called party transformation?

Hi

Look the bottom

And yes, the translation has a css that access to a route pattern that route the call to pstn, if i configure the pattern like that and press # the phone takes 5 second aporx to route the call.

dumb question but you have rebooted the phone to apply the dial rules to it? the behavior you're describing - waiting for timeout to send digits, sounds like it doesnt have dial rules

yes i have rebooted, change physical phone, upgrade firmware, factory reset phone, but nothing happens......:(

Any other idea?

Try using rtmt for a call trace of the last 5 minutes while you take the phone off hook, you can filter on the calling number  being the sip phone and show the exact sip messages being sent. Post that in here please

I had the same problem with this POST can resolve. Thank you very much juankcs85 / Jeff Levensailor regards

This step is what made it work for me. 

Hi 

If you want to configure PLAR on a SIP IP phone ,you must also add SIP dial rules. check the admin guide configuration below: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/bccm-851-cm/b03dn.html#wp1338158

For phones that are running SIP, create a SIP dial rule. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Dial Rules > SIP Dial Rules. Choose 7940_7960_OTHER. Enter a name for the pattern; for example, PLAR1. Click Save; then, click Add Plar. Click Save.)

For phones that are running SIP, assign the SIP dial rule configuration that you created for PLAR to the phones, which, in this example, are A and A'. ((In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone. Choose the SIP dial rule configuration from the SIP Dial Rules drop-down list box.)

Hi All,

Did anybody make PLAR work on 3905 or ATA187 (SIP Phones)

Is there any info about minimum CUCM release or 3905/ATA87 firmware?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: