Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR Does Not Working on cp3905

juankcs85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problen with the configuration of plar, this feature works on phones with sccp protocol but in CP 3905 does not work. I was following all this steps but the step of the sip dial rule is not clear....... cucm version 10.5.1.10000-7 phone loads on 3905 CP 3905.9-4-1SR1-3

Thanks....

Step 1 Create a partition, for example, P1, and a calling search space, for example CSS1, so CSS1 contains P1. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Class of Control > Partition or Calling Search Space.)

Step 2 Create a null (blank) translation pattern, for example, TP1, which contains calling search space CSS1 and partition P1. In this null (blank) pattern, make sure that you enter the directory number for the B1 PLAR destination in the Called Party Transformation Mask field. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Translation Pattern.)

Step 3 Assign the calling search space, CS1, to either A or A'. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone.)

Step 4 Assign the P1 partition to the directory number for B1, which is the PLAR destination. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Directory Number.)

Step 5 For phones that are running SIP, create a SIP dial rule. (In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Call Routing > Dial Rules > SIP Dial Rules. Choose 7940_7960_OTHER. Enter a name for the pattern; for example, PLAR1. Click Save; then, click Add Plar. Click Save.)

Step 6 For phones that are running SIP, assign the SIP dial rule configuration that you created for PLAR to the phones, which, in this example, are A and A'. ((In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, choose Device > Phone. Choose the SIP dial rule configuration from the SIP Dial Rules drop-down list box.)

20 Replies 20

Not applicable

I was just working on this same problem on my new 3905 phones and what i found was that I had to do a combination of the SCCP and SIP PLAR methods. I started with the SCCP method since i have been using it since CCM 4.X and when it did not work i found this post and the Cisco instructions here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101/private_line___automatic_ringdown.html#CUCM_TK_C44388C7_00

now without removing my CSS and translation pattern work i tried pointing the SIP dial rule to my hunt pilot and it did not work. Still heard dial-tone when lifting the handset. i then deleted the pattern from my sip dial rule, saved, and after restarting the phone lifting the handset engaged my null translation pattern and the call completes to my hunt list.

hope this helps someone in the future.

samnewland
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into this same problem and ran gathered some RTMT logs and noticed that the phone was calling itself.   So as a workaround i just put a forward all destination and the calls then went through to the intended destination

Behavior in:  CUCM version System version: 11.5.1.13900-52

I ran into this my self.

I followed all the steps but no go.

Tried button , timeout parameters, but it was like the 3905 was not picking up the dial sip pattern.

Then I deleted the sip Dial rule.

Created a new one.

under Pattern Addition

What ever describtion

Then push the ADD plar Button ( not add Pattern ) 

Then just Save and it works.

This is assuming you have a translation pattern with nothing and forwards using the right CSS to the number you want like stated here above many times.

I was running cucm 12.0

CCIE-Collaboration #24527

Hello 

Beginner

You need to change from "Beginner"...

your step for adding the sip dial rule did the trick for me.

the step is Add Plar, and just leave the default which is "pattern", then click save.

thanks,

brad

Wook Choi
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I hope you solved this problem.
I have the same problem.
I set it up with the attached file, but it doesn't work with 3905 and ATA191.
If anyone has solved it, please help.

Hi Wook Choi, you need to add the Calling Search Space on the phone, and/or the line

Looking at the setup you need to add a blank SIP Dial Rule for PLAR: -

Call Routing>Dial Rules>Sip Dial Rules

Add New

Dial Pattern  = 7940_7960_Other

Name = PLAR (this will be used for all SIP PLAR)

Pattern Description = PLAR 

Select "Add Plar"

Leave Dial Parameter as "Pattern" and leave value as blank

Save

Then setup the blank dialling match (basically when you lift the receiver you are calling a blank number).

Create PLAR_1 Partition

Create PLAR_1 Calling Search Space

Create PLAR_1 Translation Pattern and translate blank to destination number

Add PLAR_1 CSS to SIP phone(and line) 

Add SIP Dial Rules "PLAR"

this can be for any PLAR phones that you have and you just change the called number using the Phone CSS and TP matching blank and translating to the required destination number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: