cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR / Ringdown to external number 8841 Issue - Fixed

Daniel Kulp
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a ring down(PLAR) (125-9603) to dial an extension (125-9604) that appears on a phone external to the Cisco system.  I have created a Partition, a CSS, and a translation pattern that is set up to dial to the external number(125-9604) via the called party transform mask.  I have added the number(125-9603) on several phones.  Whenever the line is accessed instead of dialing the extension for the external number(125-9604) it dials its own number(125-9603) and rings on the other phones that have this same extension.  I am currently in the process of changing the busy threshold to 1 on all the phones to see if this makes a difference.  But any other ideas on where / what to change would be appreciated. 

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the number to be dialed is external to CUCM then you need a route pattern to send the call to that external number. So primarily The CSS of 125-9603 should have access  only to partition of Router pattern 125-9604. See if that helps, remove any existing TP or unassigned DN's before you try this.

HTH

Manish

Daniel Kulp
Level 1
Level 1

OK so i figured out my issue i had the provide outside dial tone checked in my translation pattern.  I also figured out that i needed the Directory number information to be in my PT_internal but the directory number settings CSS to be My PLAR CSS.

this is Great

HOWEVER on the 7942 set on my desk everything works great.  But when I add the numbers to an 8841 with all the same settings the 8841 gets dial tone when you select the line and go off hook with the handset, with the speaker button, or the session button.  BUT if you select the line key then go to the second page of options and press the Pickup soft key the line dials the PLAR assigned number.  Is there a way to have it dial the PLAR number no matter what way you activate the line?

So the Issue turned out to be a SCCP / SIP  issue.  up to this point all the phones we had programmed have been SCCP but with he 8841's we went with SIP.  So in addition to the regular setup of a PLAR you also need to set up SIP dial rules for the phones

I'm having the same issue.  If I dial the phone number I'm trying to reach, it works.  However, when I pick up the phone I get a dial-tone.  I take it that I no longer have to have the "null" translation pattern for this to work, right?  Also, can show me an example of a SIP route pattern that they got working?  I followed instructions I saw in two places online and neither helped.

Setup for SIP phones vs SCCP Phones is different. You can look at this post for better reference.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-plar-hotline-using-sip-phones-on-call-manager/ta-p/3155930

Thank you Alejandro.  This link did, in fact, reveal the missing piece...the fact that after adding the pattern description I had to hit the Add Plar button.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: