Views
Helpful
Replies

Play Azan Through IP Phones

abdul rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am from Saudi Arabia. Is there anyway to play azan (timely alarm to notify prayer time) through IP phones? I am using CUCM 9.1 in my HQ and Standalone CME in Branches. Please respond ASAP.

Thank You

Abdul Rasheed

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM doesn't provide any of that, you would need to use something like Informacast in order to send the paging message, or build your own.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Thank you for your response. What do you mean by build your own? Create XML service?

Thank You 

Abdul Rasheed

Hello,

We've configured that a lot of times for our customers here in SA, 3rd party applications do multicast audio at the time of the Azan. Nevotek has a good experience on that.

Thank you,

Shadi

Hi Dear,

I have also Scheduling and Playing Azaan requirement in KSA.

Customer is using only CME 2951 with IOS 15.1(4)M3

It is necessary to have third party application?

Secondly, can you please provide the configuration sample, if it is really possible through CME.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mohsin Majeed

Neither CME or CUCM can play anything based on a schedule, a 3rd party is forcefully required. I suggest you reach your local Cisco representatives as they might be aware of vendors to do the above.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear,

It is clear that its not possible without third party application. Now i am only looking application which can be integrate with CME.

I can see the third party application like https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/3289

to play Azan using CUCM where CME is not mentioned.

Regards,

Salem Amer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abdul,

Please check Athan Sip from Maathen , which registers to UC/IP PBX as soft phone extension and start auto paging based on  Azan timers . 

I hope this help ...

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: