Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Play message before sending call to IP Phone

Hi all the Pro's,

We have a customer who's got a Cucm ver 11.5.x and Cuc ver 11.5.x.

They have been using Verba for call recording. Now as per the Rules from the Govt all the Financial instituttions must Record calls and declare they are recording calls.

The customer has DID/DOD and they want to play the message "Your Call Will be Recorded" for all the incoming calls. I have figured out how to play this on the Auto Attendant but I need suggestions for the playing of this Audio on Incoming calls.

Thanks for your support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to send the calls to cuc to play the message then transfer the
call to redirecting number. Or if you have uccx then fairly easy to. I
can't think of another way of doing it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need to send the calls to cuc to play the message then transfer the
call to redirecting number. Or if you have uccx then fairly easy to. I
can't think of another way of doing it.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You *can* do it with just CUCM and CUC, but since CUC only works on hard coded call flows, this means you would need to configure this specific call flow N number of times for every number you wish to have that greeting.

The alternatives are TCL scripting to play it at the GW, UCC apps, or something standalone like this

http://www.parsec-tech.com/ProjectDocs/MARS%20Agent%20Greeting%20For%20Cisco%20CUCM.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Thanks, Mohammed and Jaimie for your suggestions.

I am thinking of a way to make it work but this would be for every extension as you people proposed.

Since the customer has SIP Trunk with DID lines I will try to do it this way:

1. let's say the user calls on 2291991 (7digit DID number for a corresponding ext:1991) number so I will translate it to 2991 number and forward it on Unity Connection.

2. Create a call handler for 2991 and put the required audio "your call will be recorded."

3. Transfer it to the extension 1991.

Since there are not many extensions for which they require call recording it will be easy to do but in a bigger scenario, it will be a tough job to scale it.

Please let me know if that's the correct logic that I am thinking off.

Thanks.

That will work