Views
Helpful
Replies

PLM Upgrade

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade our PLM server using CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso upgrade file. the active version is 10.5.1.11900-13.

In the Installation/Upgrade page under Invalid Upgrades I can see the file that I am going to upgrade to:
CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso

and under the Status I see
Name does not match any filter pattern

The Next button is available but when pressed the same above page displays.

I looks like the upgrade process and locate the directory but doesn't find the right file. Anybody has any idea why I am getting this error message?

Thanks,

MK

25 Replies 25

Hi Aman,

The upgrade file that I have downloaded has the correct name. Please see the file attached.

No more clues.

suggest opening TAC case and share the resolution.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

It will take while for me to open a TAC case as my profile is not associated with this client. I will continue searching and see if I can find a solution.

Thank you for your support,

MK

would wait for updates.

May be it is silly thing which we are missing or could be bug which I was not able to get.

even the release notes talk about name issue.

regds,

aman

Hi MK,

Did u open TAC case ?

regds,

aman

The 10.5.1.11900-13 is not a valid standalone PLM version.

PLM has only 2 version in 10.5.1:

10.5.1 Base>>> 10.5.1.10000-9

10.5.1 SU1 >>> 10.5.1.11901-1

Our PLM was installed co-resident with CUCM, rather than a standalone PLM. That's why the server was not recognizing the upgrade file because we were trying to push a standalone upgrade file into a CUCM co-resident PLM . I downloaded and installed the CUCM upgrade image “UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso” and everything worked fine.

Thanks,

MK

[+5] to you.

How did u verify that this iso is for Standalone or for Co-resident since the cisco Download site does not talk about this ?

regds,

aman

Simply because the files that say CiscoPrimeLM are for a standalone PLM, the co-res PLM is upgraded/patched, etc with the same file you use for CUCM/CUC.

Every single instance of CUCM/CUC you install, already has a PLM installed in it, that's the co-res one, you don't have to do anything to install it.

No wonder why it was not working.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The current (before the upgrade) version was 10.5.1.11900-13. When I was looking for this version I realized that I was being pointed to CUCM software downloads with the following path:

Unified Communications Manager / Cisco Unity Connection Updates-10.5(1)SU1

And the version that I was going to upgrade CiscoPrimeLM_64bitLnx_10.5.1.11901-1.sgn.iso was pointing me to:

Prime License Manager Software Updates-10.5(1)

The first path is for PLM co-residant with CUCM and second path is the standalone version of PLM. 

Thanks,

MK

That's great info! I didn't know that PLM could be installed as a co-resident server.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Have you by any chance rebooted the system and then try to upgrade?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh