cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Forwarding for SIP Phones

krishan.saran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys i have a SIP Server (Non Cisco) and couple of SIP phones i want to use one of the SIP phone out side the office. its working fine in the local LAN, i think i need to forward some ports in the router to make it working, i try to find some stuff on the internet but didn't help, can you guys post the port numbers i need to forward in router to make it working i already open all ports in firewall for SIP server, now i guess only thing that need to be done is NAT, any help will be appreciated. there is a another option that i=we need to create a VPN tunnel between both side, but it add some jitter on the VOIP communication, second thing flexibility, we we can make it happen without VP tunnel than we have flexibility to use SIP phone any where

here is the Scenario

SIP Server=========Router/ Firewall======ADSL Modem====Internet cloud=====ADLS Modem=====Router/Firewall==========SIP Phone

IP 192.168.0.x/24        192.168.0.1/24             216.251.x.x/30                                     96.43.x.x/30                192.168.1.1/24                192.168.1.x/24

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

globecomm-tle
Level 1
Level 1

5060 SIP

16384 - 32768 RTP ports, default -- Not sure if you can lock it down to specific range of ports because its a lot of port.

Suggest you use STUN or some form of RTP proxy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

globecomm-tle
Level 1
Level 1

5060 SIP

16384 - 32768 RTP ports, default -- Not sure if you can lock it down to specific range of ports because its a lot of port.

Suggest you use STUN or some form of RTP proxy.

Thanks Tuan i will give ti a try and let u know