cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Usage Analyzer

Hazel Pringle
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone used this tool? Seeing some inconsistant data and I've already scanned two clusters. The objective is to see we are truly using the amount of voice mail ports that we have so we can lower our Gold Car cost. If any one is using another free tool with Unity Connection with same gold in mind please leave comment.

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hazel,

I don't think you'll find any better tools than the ones

designed & built by Lindborg and the Messaging BU

@ Cisco for Unity/Unity Connection

This thread may help describe what you are seeing and why;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3777576#3777576

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Rob- Thanks for the info. I searched for Lindborg on the Cisco site looking through that now, was unable to find info on Messaging BU and did a search.

The link was helpful.Using that PUA connection ran across it before.

Any help on this subject is appericated.

Any body else with feed back?

What's wrong with the Port Usage Analyzer? How are your clusters setup? Do you have your ports configured in seperate line groups per server, so that one server recieves the calls first?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yosh-- Thanks for the response. It seems very inconsistant. A good question I need to find out is where is the time polling from? Is it the time of where the polling tool is or were the cluster is located? So with some research it seems Notification Dialout tells you when you have a voicemail. If its on central time (where the polling tool is used) Why is everyone getting messages at 1am in Europe? If its in Europe time same thing, why are there soo many notifications if the office is closed? Another inconsistance is that I looked at data for a whole week and they all look like this graph below.

Call Distribution2.png

Call Distribution Report: How could there be a negative amount of notificiations?

Call Distribution.png

I have been trying to get a better understanding of this tool. I even compared data to cluster we have to in US to compare but that sees inaccurate as well. (look below)

Port Usage.png

All help on this question is much appericated. Thanks

Do you have ports performing both notifications and inbound calls? If so, that's probably why you have some negatives; cisco recommends having dedicated ports for notificcations. I would set some atleast 2 ports for MWI, Notifications and TRAPs.

In regards to time, the time you're seeing is from the Cluster. Being that it is a voicemail system, after hours call may just be higher when the business is closed. Also don't forget that you could have the MWI re-sync configured to run every night at a certain time, which should play a factor.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi hazel,

Yosh has given you some good insight here (+5)

I might also use the "Actions" panel on the top right hand

side of this page and move the discussion over to the Unified

Communications sub forum. We may get lucky and have Jeff

Lindborg weigh in on these topics.

PS: the last graph looked quite likely for a Hunt group set on the

ports with a Top-Down algorithm

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Thanks Yosh. What does re-syncing MWI do ?

Hazel,

The MWI re-sync, will turn on or off the MWI and notification envelope, on phones which failed to do so earlier. I would definitely take Rob's (+5) advice and move this topic to the "Unified Communications sub forum"

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: