cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Porting to SIP Trunk Broke Lync Conference

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

Last night, we ported over our DID's from legacy ISDN/PRI to SIP trunks from PSTN. After doing so, our conference bridge from UCM to Lync will not connect. I suspect an incompatibility with the SIP trunks or profiles but cannot determine the cause. I am able to dial the internal route pattern to reach Lync successfully, but cannot connect from outside our cluster.

Previous call flow: PSTN>PRI>RouterH323>RoutePattern>SIPTrunk>LyncServer
Current call flow: PSTN>TelcoSIPTrunk>CUBE>SIPTrunk>RoutePattern>SIPTrunk>LyncServer

I see the call trying to connect in debugs but it never gets past the connecting status. 

Any suggestions? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

After much head banging and web sluething, I Was able to get this working finally by changing a setting in the SIP profile for the trunk.  I set the "SIP Rel1xx Options" to "Send PRACK if 1xx Contains SDP"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What is the error you are getting ? COuld you share the debugs from CUBE to check.

CM traces show error code 400/Bad Request.

The bad request is coming from Lync:

55957829.001 |07:24:23.372 |AppInfo  |SIPTcp - wait_SdlSPISignal: Outgoing SIP TCP message to 10.10.10.1 on port 19918 index 382370

SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request

The 10.10.10.1 is the loopback on my CUBE router.  I do not have that defined as a PSTN gateway in Lync, rather only my UCM servers are defined as gateways in Lync.  Would I need to add the CUBE?  I haven't been able to find docs to clarify this.

Thanks

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Lync wants full +E164, is the calling number still formatted right in your flow ?

Yes,we are sending full +e164

Let's see the actual debugs.  We can't really comment on an error message out of context, especially a generic one.  I think we want to see the SIP messages between CUCM and Lync.

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

After much head banging and web sluething, I Was able to get this working finally by changing a setting in the SIP profile for the trunk.  I set the "SIP Rel1xx Options" to "Send PRACK if 1xx Contains SDP"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: