cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

possible to design replace a h323 gateway router to cucm with sip?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a cucm and a h323 gateway router and im supposed to route pstn calls to a sip trunk , i have been told h323 to sip might cause unnecessary problems so is it possible to create a sip trunk between my cucm and voice gateway router for incoming calls and a sip trunk between my voice gateway router and pstn access provider? like

cucm>sip trunk>voice gateway>sip trunk>sip server to pstn?

and create two dial peers

also assuming the cucm and the sip server is on the same subnet , on cucm and the sip server can i point the sip trunk to the same voice gateway interface ip address?

dial-peer voice 1 voip
description *to cucm*
destination-pattern ...  ###internal extensions
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:*cucm*
voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 30 down-interval 60
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

dial-peer voice 2 voip
description *to pstn sip server*
destination-pattern ........ ###outside numbers
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:*sip server to pstn*
voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 30 down-interval 60
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1) Yes Technically Gateway == Voice Gateway is one which connects VOIP To PSTN. So One Leg Will be VOip and another will Be PSTN[ Analog or Digital

2) CUBE :- Is VOip to Voip , i,e Both Legs can be VOIP. By defautl VOIP to VOIP call are not enabled on VOice Gateway. So to Enable cube you have to add command
voice service voip
allow connection h323 to h323
allow connection h323 to sip
allow connection sip to sip
allow connection sip to h323

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello there, 

You can activate CUBE functionalities on your VGW by applying some configuration changes and obtaining CUBE licenses from Cisco depending upon your existing VGW model. 

You may use the following as your reference; https://ucpros.net/cisco-sip-gateway-configuration/

Regards,

Shalid

Please rate helpful posts. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I strongly suggest you review the CUBE sessions from Cisco Live to understand this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You might want to review the CUBE sessions from Cisco Live for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are trying to configure CUBE with both incoming and outgoing call legs to be Sip. This is definitely possible

what is the difference in configuration between a h323 gateway and a cube? isnt just a router with incoming and outgoing dial peers?

can someone post a basic cube config?

1) Yes Technically Gateway == Voice Gateway is one which connects VOIP To PSTN. So One Leg Will be VOip and another will Be PSTN[ Analog or Digital

2) CUBE :- Is VOip to Voip , i,e Both Legs can be VOIP. By defautl VOIP to VOIP call are not enabled on VOice Gateway. So to Enable cube you have to add command
voice service voip
allow connection h323 to h323
allow connection h323 to sip
allow connection sip to sip
allow connection sip to h323

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: