cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to disable the physical Hold button on 9951?

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have about 100 Cisco 9951 phone deployed to student desks and students are leaving their desks with the phones on hold, leaving hold music playing.  I have just created a Custom phone template to remove the Hold softkey, but just noticed that there is a physical Hold button.  Is there a way to disable this button too?  Removing the softkey doesn't do a whole lot, if there is a physical key with the same function.

My other option is to record new hold music with just dead air.

Thank you for any input you can give.

Joe

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot disable physical buttons

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime.

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I beleive that hold key will be active only in connected/mature state. How they are leaving the idle phone on hold? Can you please clarify?

- Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Their class may be over and instead of ending the call, they leave the call on hold.  So the call is connected, but they are just choosing to leave the phone on hold.

Thanks

Joe

I think giving some sort of basic training to the students would be the best solution. 

Anyway, if you can put all MoH servers in MRG and assigned MRGL to phones is not having access to those MRGs, MoH won't be played. Please note that even genuine users won't be able to utilize the MoH feature in that case.

- Vivek