cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Post Call Survey Delay Question

randykblack
Level 1
Level 1

We currently use post call surveys.  The way it works in our environment is that a custom post call survey application is built in CVP and once an agent disconnects a call, a customer who has opted to take the survey in the IVR is routed back to the post call survey application in CVP.

We've noticed a significant delay between when an agent disconnects and the call reaches the survey application in CVP.  This delay is a total of 8 seconds.  My development team has analyzed the logs and found that the delay is made of of 2 seconds from the time the agent clicks disconnect in Finesse for the call to disconnect in ICM and then an additional 6 seconds for the call to make it back to the CVP application for the survey to start. 

We've been running the survey for awhile and noticed that we get many customers that opt to take the survey when offered it in the IVR, but never complete any of the questions on the survey.  I think this is a combination of customers that opted to take the survey, but either forgot when the agent disconnected or decided that they no longer wanted to/had time to complete the survey as well as customers that waited for the survey, but disconnected before the 8 seconds because they thought the call would not reach the survey.  8 seconds of dead air can seem really long when waiting on the phone.

Is anyone else using post-call survey and if so, are you seeing the same 8 second delay?

Thanks,

Randy Black

4 Replies 4

uzuluaga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Randy,

I guess you managed to workaround the issue but in case you havent or for people experiencing the same issue you will be able to reduce the CVP delay by tweaking the SIP.properties configuration file.

The total transfer is caused by = 2 seconds taken by the router + 2 seconds for the SIP termination timer + 2 seconds for the post call survey wait delay.

if you edit the following file:

C:\Cisco\CVP\conf\sip.properties

You should be able to find the following timers:

• SIP.PostCallSurveyWait (2000ms by default)
  • SIP.Terminating.Pause (2000ms by default)

All you need to do is to simply change their values to 50 ms and you will reduce your delay from 6 seconds to 3.

note that you will need to restart the CVP Call Server for the changes to take effect.

I hope this answers your question.

regards,

Unai

Hi,

Tweaking these SIP.Properties Values may cause issues in the system, such as Router Requery not working.

If you don't have RONA configuration in place, then above values would help in reducing the PCS delay to patch the call to PCS script post call disconnected by agent.

For proper functionality of Router Requery, The PostCallSurveyWait time can be decreased, But the Terminating.Pause can be adjust a bit if you have good response times between CVP, VRU PG and Router but lowering this value too much may cause other issues. So adjust the values as

• SIP.PostCallSurveyWait = 0
  • SIP.Terminating.Pause =1500

Restart the CVP call server services for the changes to take effect.

Regards,

Alagu

** Rate helpful posts **

Hello Guys,

I know this post is old but is there any difference in the new version of CVP, or these values will nnever going to change?

Amer

Hi All,

I have the same issue of around 5 to 6 second delay and lot of calls are not getting tagged to it.

How can we reduce the timer and fix the issue.

Version is 10.5