Views
Helpful
Replies

power down activity in site with UCS C220-M3S

chouna789
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

I have power down activity in one of the site. This site has 2 C220-M3S with CUCM (1 pub, 2 sub), CUC(pub and sub), IMP&S (pub and sub). Can any one please guide me with step by step procedure, what to do and how to do. this is bit urgent.

Thanks,

Narendra

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  • Take DRS backup of cucm,cuc& imp first. 
  • Then login to all these nodes from CLI and use " utils system shutdown" command to shut down in below order..
  • CUC Sec and then CUC pri.
  • Both IMP (u may shut cuc first)
  • CUCM sub1 and then sub2 and then cucm pub.
  • Shutdown ucs servers from cimc.

And power on them in reverse order.

Suresh

Thank you Suresh. Once power-up starts, i first start CIMC then once CUCM oub IP reachable, login on cli mode and type command "utils system start". them sam with all sub followed by IMP&S and CUC. Please correct me if i am right. 

There is no utils system start command, assuming you have all your services properly configured under activate services they will start automatically.

Yes, you need to start the servers until they fully come up, then start the next one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

Thank you. How to go about once i start power-on process? please advise.

Thanks,

Narendra

Start with CUCM published followed by subscriber 1, 2 and so on, you will indeed need to start the servers direct from ESXi host. I personally wait for 15 - 20 minutes between the start of two servers so that services can be started properly and CPU usage can come to its normal as well. Once the complete CM cluster is up, then you can go for CUC (same thing first CUC primary wait for 15 - 20 minutes and then start secondary). Finally you can then start IM&P same process first Publisher wait for 15 - 20 minutes and then secondary

Note: Please start IM&P cluster before CUC in case you are running version 10.x there since IM&P servers are also part of CM cluster as they are added as Subscriber starting version 10.x so it is good to do that first.

Regards

Deepak

Hello All,

Thank you for your advise and valuable time. Just wanted to highlight some thing I learnt from this shutdown activity.

Before planning for this activity please have bellow access/ credentials>>

1) Location of back-up and credentials for that.

2) CLI access

3) OS admin access

3) CIMC access

4) ESXi app and access / permission.

Shut Down procedure>>

1) Check for DRS status and make sure you have the latest back-up there.

2)  Open all OS admin navigation page in different tabs (preferably on IE) in order which you needed to shut down (point 3). Please note "utils system shutdown" may not work on CUC or IMPS on CLI mode.

3) Like mentioned above order would be CUC sub, pub, IMP&S sub and Pub and finally CUCM sub and pub. Please note all sub should be in increasing order.

4) Got to Setting >> Version and here you have shut down option.

5) Follow the shut down in order mentioned in 3rd point.

6) When all these servers were shutdown, power down the UCS via CIMC.

Power-up>>

I suppose this is time to relax. Once you power up the UCS chassis, servers inside it will come up automatically. However, you may attempt to getting in via ESXi and powering then up in reverse order as mentioned in point 3.

In case any issue, something did not come up, time to call TAC.

Please have following information / credentials handy mentioned at the start.

Thanks,

Narendra