Views
Helpful
Replies

Prerequisites for upgrade UCM 8.6(1a) on MCS 7825-H3

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

G'day,

Planning to upgrade our Cluster to 8.6(1a). Cluster consists of several MCS 7825-H3 (HP OEM). I noticed the following on Page 5 of Release Notes for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6(1a):

"If you are upgrading software on HP7825H3 or HP7828H3 hardware, ensure that you have a 16GB

USB device available to migrate your data to the new system."

Does anyone know what file system type the 16GB USB device needs to be formatted with. I can confirm that NTFS does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Col

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Colan,

When following the same procedure to upgrade a cluster, do I need the external HD for both PUB and SUB? I have this question because the PUB and SUB servers are located in different cities and I like to make sure the external HD is ready if it's required for SUB as well.

Thanks.

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to 8.6 worked just fine once I formatted the 16GB USB device to ext2.

Now if only I could work out how to rate this answer to my own question and close the Discussion

Hi Colan,

When following the same procedure to upgrade a cluster, do I need the external HD for both PUB and SUB? I have this question because the PUB and SUB servers are located in different cities and I like to make sure the external HD is ready if it's required for SUB as well.

Thanks.

Michael

Yes you need to have external 16GB USB device formatted as ext2 connected when you upgrade each HP7825H3 or HP7828H3.

Thanks Colan, +5.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: