Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence cluster - Version Mistmach

Yanivaloosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

while installing Presence server subscriber, I'm getting an error during the installation, all details (server name, IP address and security password) are 100% correct.

I was figure out on the publisher that version mismatch detected while version are completely the same. (see attached pic).

"High Availability action failed, A mismatch was detected between the server versions. Please make sure both servers are running same version."

new cup subscriber is available under the UC services at call manager as well.

anyone face that problem/bug?

thx.

14 Replies 14

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the version of cucm ?

Suresh

9.1.2.14900-14

Yes, that is the problem.. imp version should also be 9.1.2

So apply the upgrade patch during its installation.

Suresh

so I need to upgrade publisher and then apply the patch to subscriber?

its known bug? do you have any documentation?

thx

Hi!

this is no bug, it is works as designed.

Version matching is described in the installation and upgrade guides:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91_chapter_010.html#CUP0_TP_U68D17C2_00

Software version restrictions

Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service software versions must have the same major and minor release number. Major and minor release numbers are defined as follows:

9.x.y

where 9 = major release number, x = minor release number and y = maintenance release number.

For example, IM and Presence Release 9.0.2.10000-4 is compatible with Unified Communications Manager Release 9.0.12.30000-2, but it is not compatible with Unified Communications Manager Release 9.1.1.10000-3. Similarly, Unified Communications Manager Release 8.6.2.10000-6 is not compatible with IM and Presence Release 9.0.1.10000-9.

Christoph

cluster worked properly till now, in addition, the latest version of cup is Release 9.1.1SU6a.

thx.

Yes, you are right..just browsed Cisco.com

Here you can try to upgrade this to su6a or you may contact to TAC for root cause.

Suresh

You don't need to upgrade your IM Presence Publisher node since the major and minor release are already matching.

CUCM version 9.1.2.14900-4

Major version: 9

Minor version: 1

Presence version 9.1.1.30000-3

Major version: 9

Minor version: 1

Since your subscriber installation is failing reporting version mismatch I would suggest you to enable permissive mode on your IM Presence Publisher node using - 'utils os secure permissive' and reboot it. Once it's back up then try installing the IM Presence Subscriber node.

I need to restart the installation or just the connectivity validation process?

so your IMP Publisher is already running on latest 9.1.1SU6a.

My experience is that you have to install the Subscriber with exactly the same version (should be bootable for IMP by default), patching during installation did not work for me.

For a re-attempt please delete the subscriber server completely, restart pub if possible and re-add it again before installing again.

What version your IM&P publisher is running at the moment. The screenshot that you attached initially shows 9.1.1.30000-3 whereas in your previous post, you wrote:

cluster worked properly till now, in addition, the latest version of cup is Release 9.1.1SU6a.

Please note that you will need to install the exact version of IM&P subscriber that you publisher IM&P is currently running. In case, you do not have the bootable for that version then contact TAC and ask for the bootable version since doing patch upgrade during installation most of the time create issues in my personal opinion as well.

Rest the procedure is same as mentioned by Christoph once you get the bootable version:

Delete the subscriber server completely from IM&P >> System >> Server, restart publisher and re-add the entry again in M&P >> System >> Server and then proceed with the installation

Regards

Deepak

I refer that latest version of IM&P is 9.1.1.SU6a, current version on the publisher is

Active Master Version: 9.1.1.30000-3.  

Actually 9.0.1 onwards imp and cucm versions must match...it actually means suppose you have 9.X.Y version then X must be same for both cucm and imp, here in your case it is also same but somehow it's giving version mismatch error, and 9.1.2 is a MR release..that's why I would recommend u to upgrade imp pub first then sub .

Suresh

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As correctly mentioned by Shashank, there is no need to upgrade your IM&P publisher to 9.1.2 since till 9.x, the CM and Presence versions only need to match at X.Y level and not at X.Y(z) level that is the case starting 10.x wherein IM&P is part of the CM cluster only.

Hence, please collect the Install logs if the issue still persists after following the workaround mentioned by Shashank and take it further from there then.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: