cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pri configuration

CSCO11921629
Level 1
Level 1

I have been given many telephone numbers by the service provider. And i have two pri E1 line and i have 2 2911 router to handle that. And my Question is that how can i make redundancy between them and how can i assign no. to  my ip phone that has been given me by the service provider.

pankaj sharma
4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to start by mentioning what product (CUCM/CME) and version you're using.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I have call manager 8.0.

pankaj sharma

Assuming you've already configured the gw using mgcp or h323 (if you haven't, there are plenty of docs on cco and threads on CSC about such topics) you just need to configure the significant digits under the gw config along with the inbound CSS. On the phone just configure the did number you want with the right number of digits telco is sending.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

dlaminw1
Level 1
Level 1

Pankaj,

Let me state the following assumptions:

1. The numbers given by the telco are all DID

2. The PSTN is configured to hunt between the two PRIs

Now, what you can do is to configure two Route Groups, each one with each of those gateways.

Each of the gateways will host one of the PRIs given by the telco

After that you will create two Route Lists each with both of the Route Groups you created

Each Route List will use one RG as primary and the other RG as secondary

Then create your Route Patterns

Now point each route pattern to the Route List you want....each route pattern will use either one of the gateway as primary and the other gateway as secondary

The result will be that some PSTN destination will go over one PRI / Gateway and others will go over the second PRI / Gateway