Views
Helpful
Replies

privacy option not coming on cisco 7961 phone

Abhishek Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

We have a cisco 7961 phone, where the user demanded privacy enabled. i enabled the Privacy by setting it to ON and set the soft key template to standard ccm template with barge and privacy . But it is still not showing on the phone. What can be the issue, it is kind of critical as the guy is kind of head of a global department , so would appreciate some suggestion here , to check what i am missing.

ccm : 6.1

phone model -- > 7961

Regards,

Abhishek

Whatever level you reach getting better never stops -- Sachin Tendulkar
7 Replies 7

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would quickly verify if all the steps provided in checklist are folllowed. Looks like you didnt enable the required service parameter. Could you verify if you followed all the steps given in the following document ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsbarge.html#wp1063020

Lemme know how it goes.

GP.

PRIVACY setting in servicde parameter is set to true . In soft key template config for all the call states , i am not able to see a privacy in available states , ccm is -- > 6.1 and as told earlier phone is 7961 ~

What is complete CUCM version ? 6.1.????

GP.

CCM VERSION IS : 6.1.3.3190-1

hmm..Privacy needs 6.1.1 & later to work and you have more than required. I am checking further for any bugs but would you mind, starting the privacy config all over again ? Take a new 7961 or with another supported model to be sure ?

Earlier link also documents supported SIP & SCCP models for Privacy.

Will keep you posted.

GP.

Also, lemme know the phoneload on 7961 in issue.

GP.

Sure , would let you know. Thanks for your guidance on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: