Views
Helpful
Replies

Private password phrase recovery

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

Our ccm 4.1.3 system was set up before I started and I now need the "private password phrase" to reinstall cdr.

Anyone know how to recover password?

Thanks,

Randall

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use Adminutility tool to reset the Private password phrase, this tool only runs on

the Publisher and needs to be done after hours since it stops services; here is the path

and the steps to run it.

C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Bin\adminutility.exe

Log into the utility as Administrator and select the very top checkbox to select all

accounts. Then go to Options and Set new password

It will ask you for the password phrase, and the tool will run, everything keeps working

fine after the tool finishes.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately you cannot recover it, only reset it using the adminutility tool

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks,

where can i get the tool and do I need to do this off-hours.

Also is there a document for the tool?

Thanks,

Randall

search for this in Callmanager C drive

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

You can use Adminutility tool to reset the Private password phrase, this tool only runs on

the Publisher and needs to be done after hours since it stops services; here is the path

and the steps to run it.

C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Bin\adminutility.exe

Log into the utility as Administrator and select the very top checkbox to select all

accounts. Then go to Options and Set new password

It will ask you for the password phrase, and the tool will run, everything keeps working

fine after the tool finishes.

does running the tool stop services on the subscribers as well? With no phones registered to the publisher its not such a big deal to reset the cm service on it. If the subscribers are reset its more of an issue to the end user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: