cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in configuring SIP Dial-Plan for Outgoing Calls through E1

aldredbenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am new in SIP Phone configuration. I am currently configuring ATA187 Adaptor (Connected to analog phone) and has successfully registered it as SIP Phone. I also created the equivalent of dial-peer in SIP, voice register dialplan. I have created the pattern successfully and associated it with the SIP Phone (voice register pool) However, I found that there is no equivalent command to dial-peer's port. Usually, in dial-peer, I can enter the command port 0/0/0:15. How do I perform this in SIP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your sip phone can use the regular dial-peer created on your gateway for PRI ports. You dont need to create a sip dial plan. Just configure your regurlar POTS dial-peer and that will work

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Tell me what exact problem yo r facing..??

config. dial plan r E1

Hello Kumar,

I'm trying to configure so that the SIP Phone can perform outgoing calls via E1. I'm able to configure the dial-plan correctly but unable to make the call go through the E1 port

You should use regular voip dial peers for routing outbound SIP calls. Just change the protocol to SIPv2 on the dial peer and point it to the SIP destination IP for your ITSP. There are many posts about setup of SIP connections to an ITSP, I suggest that you do a bit of search and read up on the matter. Then if it's still unclear you can posts your questions.

Best of luck with your setup.

Please rate all useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Unfortunately, my only option is to route the outbound calls through E1 PRI as I have no ITSP.

Your sip phone can use the regular dial-peer created on your gateway for PRI ports. You dont need to create a sip dial plan. Just configure your regurlar POTS dial-peer and that will work

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks aokanlawon,

I found my mistake. I didn't put codec g711 in my voice register pool. Once I do that, I can make calls.