Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to transfer external calls

Thiago Gandara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voice team,

I have a problem with CUCM 5.1, sometimes when I receive an external call, I can not transfer to another extension, I press the Transfer button and nothing happens, but it has moments that I can make the transfer. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Thiago Gandara

20 Replies 20

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your GW is H323 you might need to check the MTP required and make sure there is an MTP available with enough resources.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The MTP checkbox is set.

Thanks.

Bhunt 410
Level 1
Level 1

As stated above usually when supplementary services aren't working its usually to some sort of media resorces.

1.  Ensure you have created media (MTP's in this case and have them assigned to a MRG.

2.  Ensure your phones have a MRGL assigned which can acess the MRG. 

If that doesnt work, turn on tracing and recreate the call and we can look at the trace, but more than likley we wont need that level of excitement tonght.

Good luck

Please Rate

I check the CUCM the MTP and MRGL is configured correctly, the phones have a MRGL assigned.

Thanks.

Please elaborate more about your infrastructure.

1. What is the protocol used to connect PSTN GW to CUCM.

2. Where is the transfer to party (internal to CUCM or external)

Also, follow the suggestions raised by the team above.

Hi Mohammed, the protocol is H.323, the problem occur with a external call, transfer internal calls works fine.

thanks.

What version of IOS are you on. When you get intermittent issues like this, as I have experienced in the past an IOS upgrade helps.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts

The IOS version is:  System image file is "flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-24.T4.bin"

Thanks.

Hi,

Thx for the details. Now you said that when you press transfer softkey, nothing happens. Does it mean that you are not promoted to enter the transfer to number or you are able to dial transfer to number but the transfer can't be completed after this.

Does the phone who initiates the transfer to (transferor) resides in the LAN of CUCM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, sometimes when i press the transfer softkey nothing happens, but sometimes its work, the phone resides in the LAN of CUCM.

Thanks.

What is the codec used between gateway and phone during active call. Are you using software or hardware MTP. In case hardware, what is the codec assigned and what is the max number of sessions.

How i do to verify this information about the codec?

The codec used between gateway and phone is G.729.

Thanks.

How i do to verify this information about the MTP?

IF you are using G729 are the calls coming in from the PSTN?  If so you will need to use a Hardware to transcode the call.  you can go look at your DSPFARM to se eif you have a transcoder configured with G729.  It should look simular to this

sccp local Loopback0

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 2 version 7.0

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 1 version 7.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 2

bind interface Loopback0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

associate profile 4 register xxxx-MTP729

associate profile 3 register xxxx-MTP711

associate profile 2 register xxxx-CFB