cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Transferring from a hunt group

Rick Forrester
Level 1
Level 1

Hi We have a client who has an interesting issue.

The client has 30 Cisco 7911 phones, of which 6 are in a hunt group.

When a user in the hunt group tries to do a consultative transfer they are able to connect to the receiving phone, but when they press transfer to complete the transfer, the external/internal caller receives a engaged signal and then the call is dropped.

If the same user tries to transfer the call using a blind transfer there is no issue and the transfer is successful.

For all the phones out side of the hunt group there are no issues transferring calls between them selves as either blind or consultative.

The client is running CUCM-BE 8.5.1.10000-26

Has anyone come across this before or got any ideas?

Thanks

Rick

4 Replies 4

cjoseph23
Level 1
Level 1

Rick,

Normally when the call gets busy signal/dropped it is due to a codec mismatch and/or no transcoding resourses.  Not sure if that is the case with your issue as you are able to transfer calls with other phones not in hunt group.

Can you check what codec is being used on the first call, and then what it is on the second call?

Just a thought.

cj

Hi CJ,

Thanks for you help you put us on the right course. After checking the router discovered the transcodec not set up on the router, and then from the traces discovered that the call was coming in with codec 711 ulaw but the phone was trying to use 722.64.

Once we changed this all working.

Thanks

Rick

Glad it is working.  I know some of these issues make you want to pull your hair out.

I had a similiar issue with g722 on my internal calls.  When we tried to transfer/conference an external and internal call we would get a busy tone.  We noticed on our hardware transcoding resources we did not have g722 specified.  If i remember correctly we had to upgrade the IOS to have the option for g722 under the transcoding profile.

Regards,

CJ

I'd disable G722 Rick if I were you mate. See Enterprise Parameters.

Ps hope your well! Say hi to Jonathan for me

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App