Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem when transferring a call

Edson Vuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, guys...

I have an issue, I cant tranfer calls from the CISCO IP Phones 6921 and 7942, both using SCCP protocol, to an IP Phone 9971 using SIP protocol.

They all are registered to a router with CME 8.6, they can make calls each other, BUT, when the 6921 and 7942 receive a call and I want to transfer this call the 9971, i simple cant.

But it accepts to make a call from the 6921 and 7942 to the 9971 with no problems. Even the conference is working, EXCEPT the transfer from the 6921 and 7942 (USING SCCP PROTOCOL) to the 9971 (USING SIP PROTOCOL)....the opposite works.

I have seen this command:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

Should be wrong to add this line:

allow-connections sccp to sip

allow-connections sip to sccp

allow-connections sccp to sccp

...so on

???

--

Regards,

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These commands have no influence.

Check transfer-pattern under telephony-service, must cover numbers used for SIP phones.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These commands have no influence.

Check transfer-pattern under telephony-service, must cover numbers used for SIP phones.

Hi, Paolo...

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean when you say "conver"?

Regards,

Im about to check it.

Thanks

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

When I check the "show running" result, under telephony-service, i dont have the transfer-pattern on it.

The only thing I have that has to do with transfer is this option that is set up like:

transfer-system full-consult

What can I do add the transfer-pattern on the telephony-service? What should be the command?

Thanks,

--

Regards,

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Yes you need that command. You can serch forum or documentation to learn about it.

Thanks, Paolo and Nanosynth.

But can you expain to me what exactly does the transfer-pattern command?

Right now Im  lil bit confused about it.

I have read about it and as I understand, I should do this to have my problem resolved, but I want to know exactly what I am doing, so that I wont  harm my environment.

Wont this command harm my dial-peer configurations?

I am about to do as you say and as I read, but first, I would like to understand this command.

Thanks,

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

It worked....

Thanks a lot, guys

-- Regards Edson Vuma

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

I have two CME 1760's WAN'd together running only SCCP. One has extensions in the 1000 range and one has extensions in the 2000 range. This is from my telephony-service config from the CME that has the extensions in the 2000 range. This is so I can transfer the 2000's to the 2000's and the 2000's to the 1000's across the wan. See what you can do..

transfer-system full-consult
transfer-pattern .T
transfer-pattern 200.

Thanks, Paolo and Nanosynth.

But can you expain to me what exactly does the transfer-pattern command?

Right now Im  lil bit confused about it.

I have read about it and as I understand, I should do this to have my problem resolved, but I want to know exactly what I am doing, so that I wont  harm my environment.

Wont this command harm my dial-peer configurations?

I am about to do as you say and as I read, but first, I would like to understand this command.

Thanks,

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Transfer pattern 200. allows transfers of extensions in the 2000 range and Transfer Pattern .T allows me to transfer across my WAN to my 1000 range extensions with timeout, but if I press the # button after the 1000 transfer it will take effect immediatly.. The transfer pattern command in telephony-service will not mess up your dial peers.

Sorry for the delay. I where out of office.

I'm about to run the command above.

Just to clarify, on the telephony-service, I should add the transfer-pattern command.

OK.

On your example, you typed two commands:

transfer-pattern .T

transfer-pattern 200

As I read, a clarified usage of transfer-pattern should be like this:

transfer-pattern 200 (where 200 would be the beginning of my extension numbers [e.g: 2001, 2005, 2003, so on])

What about the transfer-pattern .T command? When to use it?

Thanks for your time.

--

Regards

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

The use of the .T control character for the transfer-pattern argument  is not recommended. The .T control character indicates a  variable-length dial string, which causes Cisco CME to wait for an  interdigit timeout (default is 10 seconds) before transferring a call.  To avoid the interdigit timeout, a matching transfer pattern should be  used with the transfer-pattern command.

Example:

The following example sets a transfer pattern.

A maximum of 32 transfer  patterns can be entered. In this example, 55501.. (the two periods are  wildcards) permits transfers to any number in the range from 555-0100 to  555-0199

Router(config)# telephony-service

Router(config-telephony)# transfer-pattern 55501..

-- Regards Edson Vuma

It worked....

Thanks a lot, guys

-- Regards Edson Vuma